Terra (Fully armored) - Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep

In Progress



Photos

 


Information

I decided to make this costume watching a video on youtube: "KH2-Gabry Ponte-Man In The Moon",where the song of this famous italian dj was coupled with the intro of the "Secret Trailer" and other scenes from KH.
I was so shocked that I start searching the web to understand what was that game.
Now, since I'm italian (art is in my DNA) and crazy, I've decided to start the adventure to build a weareable costume of full armored Terra, fiberglass made, included keyblade and helmet, gold and silver painted.

By now I've just completed the mould(s) of the keyblade: it will be 150 cm high, roughly 5 feet(!), and start testing the fiberglass stuff.
I think the keyblade should be the easiest part (WRONG!!!), since is quite simple and square. The hardest should be the helmet, or the joints (elbow and knee). I can't wait to engage with those parts...

From this project I'm learning to be patient and to challenge problems from different point of views.

Wish me luck ;-)

Comments

Vol posted on 13 December, 2009 - 00:00
Oh my, what a huge project! I really hope you do well with it, and i wish you the best of luck! I also hope you post pics of your progress, because I havent seen an armored Terra costume before ^^

InfiniteJester posted on 16 December, 2009 - 14:36
wowww this looks mega hard to do good luck wit it!

Neko-Sora posted on 20 December, 2009 - 19:53
wow that looks way difficult well still good luck with it.I can't wait to see it though

ProbablyHeather posted on 4 January, 2010 - 21:42
Good luck! I actuly cannot wait to see this~ I hope to see this at a con sometime in the future~ <3 I've only ever seen one armoured Terra before *u*

ProbablyHeather posted on 1 March, 2010 - 22:39
The keybalde looks great so far *3* More progress piccies, please!

lastordersuk posted on 8 March, 2010 - 01:33
keyblades looking sick man, how difficult has it been doing that, and is it expensive?

Joshua posted on 4 October, 2010 - 17:29
Congrats' that looks like a hell of a lot of work, and nicely done as well.

To-Do List

We're very sorry, but we've temporarily disabled this feature while we fix some bugs. Thank you for your patience.

Progress Journal

14th October 2010

Pieces done so far...

Cuirass, plackart and "wings", vambraces, pauldrons, greaves with poleyns. Still a lot to do, specially the sandpaper step, but at least this project is not anymore just "something in my mind"...

18th April 2010

Chest in progress 2

Good and uniform shapes. Got to remember to "enlarge" the mannequin to match my actual size...

23rd March 2010

The Torso!!!

Waiting for more material to finish the KB, I&#039;m starting working on the torso, drawing on paper, then transferring the design on cardboard to support the clay, adjusting the size and proportions and finally moulding with the clay.
Just one little problem (even b4 starting!!): last year this mannequin was exactly my size, but after one year of gym now I'm bigger...

20th March 2010

Keyblade making

Now the first half is done. Of course need to be trimmed around, (a lot) of sandpapering, and then glued to the other side. Then finally sandpapering again, complete with the very last details, primed and painted.
I've just finished the fiberglass but I've already ordered new.
Meanwhile I can start with the torso...

7th March 2010

More keyblade

After moulding both sides in latex, now the kb is ready to be laminated with fiberglass.
I'm excited! Just one cloud in my mind: I can laminate both sides easily(?), but what if the sides won't assembly each other right?
A couple of weeks and will find it!!!

Update. Unfortunately I will have a lot of probs 'cause the joining won't be proper, not even acceptable...

25th February 2010

Keyblade

Finally I did it right (by now).
I&#039;m reusing one half from my first KB, hopefully this time will be straight.
Finished all the details, now I&#039;ll start with the latex to obtain a &quot;negative&quot;.

15th December 2009

Journal of mistakes and corrections

Hope this journal won't be so long :P

Mistake nr. 1: next time mould the object in full, not pieces to assembly later. In this way you won&#039;t go crazy trying to allineate them :(
Definitely a BIG mistake: got to throw away everything and restart.
Such a waste of money and time!
But at least I've learned a couple of tricks and I'm more experienced now.

Hope this is the last comment on this journal :-P