The Song - CardCaptor sakura

In Progress



Photos

 


Information

The costume is a white full-length, long-sleeved, turtle-neck gown with black detailing. There's also a blue headpiece with musical symbols and a white wig that fans out and separates into two curls at the bottom.

Comments

Samstar1990 posted on 4 November, 2009 - 20:35
<3 this looks so good loving cardcaptors!

Kaka Extreme posted on 4 November, 2009 - 20:45
yay yay yay YAY! your going to look soooooooooooooooooo super kawaii ^_^ x

BlusterSquall posted on 4 November, 2009 - 21:17
The dress looks gorgeous~! Can't wait to see more of it. :]

volumeister posted on 4 November, 2009 - 22:28
Thanks for the comments guys! Haha Kaka I love you, thanks for *cough* suggesting the Song costume for me. :3

electricdino posted on 4 November, 2009 - 23:55
You are bringing this back for when we do the group yeah? ^_^

volumeister posted on 5 November, 2009 - 00:02
Of course! Though if I lose more weight I may need to alter it... XD

Solaria posted on 15 November, 2009 - 12:13
This is looking gorgeous 8D Song is one of my fave cards x3

Progress Journal

12th September 2011

*headdesk*

Soooooooo I've definitely decided to remake Song. Especially after finishing Black Lady, I feel I can do a MUCH better job on my Song costume, including probably a better fabric choice. I'll most likely be wearing her at Amecon 2012, if I can get it finished by then.

15th November 2009

Construction Insanity~

Woooooo the full dress is finally done! There are some bits I'm not particularly happy with, like the shoulders, but at this point I don't think anything can really be done, because I made the shoulder bits too wide, and my shoulders are just not that wide, and thus I screwed up the arms 'cuz I didn't have enough space hence the puckering in some areas... *facepalm* But I'm hoping that the black trim and whatnot will kinda cover that up or distract from the bad parts. OMG I can't wait to start it! I am for some reason really excited about starting the trim... it's really wierd... o.O But first I need to find something for the big clef symbols on the front, 'cuz all the trim kind of originates from them. And I think I have a pretty good plan for putting in all the lines evenly, and for that I'm really thankful that I used the pattern I did. Anyways, we'll see what happens~~~

6th November 2009

The Sleeves... *sigh*

The sleeves... OMG. Well, actually, the one came out rather well, no puckering or anything, but the other one, well. At first I pinned it inside out, so I had to take it down and re-pin it the right way, and that was a mess in itself, and sewing it didn't really inspire much more confidence either. I think I'm going to take that one out and re-sew it, I dunno. But yeah, the shoulders came out too boxy as well, which annoys me. I need to try and fix that, because it looks just horrible. That's what I really hate about my shoulders, is that they're really small and rounded so certain clothing just doesn't sit right. Blargh. -___-

5th November 2009

Collar Construction of Doooom...

Everyone needs to pray with me in the hopes that I sewed this collar together correctly... >_>

4th November 2009

Measurement Insanity

Yeah, I totally need to cut down the sides of the dress. I overmeasured by A LOT. I'm thinking I need to chop off about 4 inches, but I'm going to pin it in first and see if it'll still fit at that size lol, and then commence the cutting and sewing. I think because of that I may also need to cut the sleeves down by at least an inch, as they are gigantic on me as well.