Lucius Malfoy (Death Eator robes ) - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

StatusComplete
Worn AtNone


Photos

 


Information

This was first worn at 'Starfury-Not Fade Away' in 2007.

The robe wad made from a pattern I designed. The main body was made from black cotton suiting with the collar and lower sleeves made out of dress velvet. The bottons were black buttons with the snakes hand painted on.

The mask was a basic white mask brought from a local craft shop. The shape was then cut out. The design ws then hand painted on in acrylic paints.

The hat was made from tough PVC. The snake design was hand painted on a green pleather piece which was then attached to the main hat. Its not very good at staying up right so I very rarely wore it on my head.

The medalion was made from Milliput and then attached to a piece of code.

The gloves were shop brought.

The shoes, trousers and snake cane are from the 'Chamber of Secrets' cosplay. The snake cane was hand built by me (more details in the 'Chamber of secrets' costume profile)

Comments

Uni posted on 23 June, 2009 - 23:24
smoking HAWT.

KhaosKreator posted on 24 June, 2009 - 09:31
YES.

stripey_dani posted on 28 June, 2009 - 01:14
I LOVE THIS! Wow you look so much like him x3

Demented Kid posted on 28 June, 2009 - 21:52
I just adore your Lucius sooo much~ Ya look Gorgeous @3@ Cant believe ya did that Death eater hat XD Oh lord Aahahahah~

Toshi-chan posted on 29 June, 2009 - 22:20
You really suit this cosplay 0.o you look amazing!!! AND OMG!!! I want the hat its awesome xD

Captain_Marvelous posted on 5 December, 2009 - 10:59
Uhh I want shots with you when im sirius :( you look radical XD the movie Lucius is SPOT on to the book I think :) same as sirius :)

Draco Malfoy posted on 5 April, 2010 - 16:44
AMAZING!!!! Join my group LOL wow your costume really looks so close to real... awesome!

Inuyoku posted on 11 April, 2010 - 10:07
You make an amazing Lucius!

Sephirayne posted on 11 April, 2010 - 19:34
Thank you ever so much. @Draco, yes I'm up for joining your group.

callmemilo posted on 11 April, 2010 - 19:45
very cool... nicely done... i'm not even a potter-fan, haha

Sephirayne posted on 11 April, 2010 - 20:46
Lol! Thank you ever so much, Callmemilo

Dw2105971 posted on 12 October, 2012 - 00:48
Wow! This is superb :)

Progress Journal

New Photo-shoot (Posted 9th October 2012)

I don't have any decent photos of this costume which personally I do think is a shame as I really liked how it turned out. I decided to get an updated shoot done that showed the costume. Sadly, the mask and hood didn't survive my most recent house move so they didn't feature but was able to fix up other parts of the costume that were (the medallion - see other journal entries).

We were really lucky with the weather considering it is Oct.

Thanks to my bro, PC IchabodCrane for taking the photos and braving the hike up to the location with me.

Medallion progress (Posted 4th October 2012)

I took the original piece and striped off the original paint so I could make repairs. As it was a piece of hard pvc with Milliput over the top it was quite an easy fix. I used fibre glass liquid glass and hardener to make sure it was sturdy. I then sanded it all down.

I decided to add some detail to it this at this point. Using a then sheet of polyurethane I cut out a hand drawn shape of a snake. I then glued to piece down. I wiped away any excess glue then let it dry. I the wiped it down ready for repainting. I did keep it on its string whilst doing all of this as it gave me something to hold onto whilst working.

I used the same paint I had used before which was Games Workshop paint in Boltgun metal and chaos black for the base. I changed varnishes this time and went for the 'Ard coat varnish by Games Workshop rather than my normal spray one. 'Ard Coat is great for small pieces like this as its very hard wearing and is designed for being handled a lot.

I then let it dry. Really happy with the new detail. Hope it works with the rest of the costume.

Medallion repair (Posted 4th October 2012)

During my recent move a bunch of my costume stuff got damaged. One of those was my small box of Lucius props. Thankfully, only one piece was damaged. That was my medallion for this costume. I was able to repaint and reseal it. I used the chance to fix some detail on it which I didn't have on before. I kept it plain when I first built it as there were no clear shots of what was on it. I decided to add a snake to it to give it something extra.

(pics to follow)