5th July 2009: the first piece.... The start of the biggest costume i have EVER done..^-^
At first the hair piece and accessories have a been a lot of work lucky i chose to do them first rather then last. To help with making the necklace and hair piece i have tested on the necklace first it seems that foam is to fiddly to create anything and in an attempt to make it easier i tried to dip a wire frame in PVA or a plastic bendy like substance....didn't work so well.
thanks to the kind people MCM expo forum i found a way around it by using masking tape as a base and added layer of glue to help smooth it down so it becomes an even surface easy to paint on. ^-^
after this i was able to locate some more equipment to do the tassels that hand from the hair piece. using pointed lids from old letraset pens that had run out i made the bell like grips that secure the red rope/tassel to the hair piece and have slowly attached real bells to the rope. ( which is a lot more complicated then i thought ^-^;)
other then that is been fun so far i will be going on holiday and will be trying to find a long red strapless dress i can edit for the base of the outfit ( since i can't make a bonned dress with out a sowing machine) after that i will start work on the dress and the kimono...^-^
wish me luck since i need it.>~<