Mina Ashido (Pinky) - My Hero Academia


Best girl! May have a Froppy joining me in the new year

This costume was very, very fun make!

The wig was my old Hikaru wig (Ash in Milkshake pink) that was trimmed with a razor and sprayed for extra floof. Horns were pearly worbla mounted on a hidden eva foam headband that pokes through the wig netting. The horns were spray painted. I chose more of a creamy colour so it would not clash with the rest of the colour scheme. Plus yellow is an icky colour.

The waistcoat was made from suedette and has been fully lined. The bodysuit was made without a pattern and held up with cross back straps. The details were hand painted using the official artworks as inspiration and made sure I varied the designs as much as possible. It was such a joy to just have fun with it and any mistakes became the opportunity for new and interesting shapes. Boot toppers were leftovers from the waistcoat.

Amy-Lou posted on 14 November, 2017 - 17:52
Really enjoying the progress, great choice!

White Tigress posted on 15 November, 2017 - 02:01
Thank you :D I am really having fun making her. She is perhaps the funnest costume I have made in a whilw.

Amy-Lou posted on 31 January, 2018 - 01:01
And the finished costume is perfect! So cool :D

White Tigress posted on 1 February, 2018 - 23:02
Thank you so much :D Hope to get a proper shoot at some point ^^

Mighty Odango posted on 14 January, 2019 - 19:52
Unbelievably cute! You've really encapsulated her

White Tigress posted on 14 January, 2019 - 23:41
Thank you ^^ I love cosplaying her so much! Shame the body paint takes so long to put on lol

Mighty Odango posted on 19 January, 2019 - 20:42
Body paint is a nightmare! You got a really even finish with it though :)

White Tigress posted on 7 February, 2019 - 00:56
Sure is xD A friend helped with it for one of the shoots which was a big help lol Seriously dreading the next time I have to touch the stuff.

16th November 2017



14th November 2017

Nearly there

Just the back and some touch ups to do. And the boot toppers.

14th November 2017


Got the back and the legs to do.

13th November 2017


Trying it out before painting the bodysuit

12th November 2017

Horns nearly done!

\^.^/ Rustoleum in Strawflower. Really liking the colour!

10th November 2017


Trimmed and butchered with hairspray. The spandex is out of the dryer from the prerinse to get the excessive dye out. Now in ready for patterning!

9th November 2017


First time making them! I gave the Pearl Worbla that I had won the other week a try. Normally I thermoform realiativly flat pieces of Worbla but this time I rolled some strips so my hairdryer wasnt really enough to make them smooth. I used my kitchen oven instead. One they cooled I got a scrap of Eva foam and mounted them onto it. It will also double as support under my wig. The horns are small enough to go through the netting without and alterations. I used acrylic paint bit they dried cracky so I ordered some spray paint. I will be reusing my Hikaru wig. Still needs styling but I wanna get the horns done first. The waistcoat is nearly done. The lining went a little wrong so I had to get my trusty little seam ripper to do its job. It looks much better now and the fur has been sewn on :) Just some very minor things and will be done. Some Jade Spandex is on its way now. Im really looking forward to painting it!

3rd November 2017


I went into town today to get 1/2 meter of some light suedette and some burnt orange polyester. Faux fur was already owned. I created a pattern using art paper and examined an old waistcoat to get an idea to how the pieces are shaped. I used some spare fabric for a mock up and cut it up to get a more accurate shape. That became my final pattern which I had transferred to the fabric and the lining. I am still attaching them together but had to run off for a trip to the cinemas in the middle of it.

International Competitions

Check out our new info hub

Featured Event

Milton Keynes - 8th November

We recommend: