31st October 2019: So Many Ways to Be Wicked This costume was a pain to wear (the belts! the size!) but I felt extremely badass in it. It was actually a kid's Disney Official costume in a size 13-14 and I miraculously managed to fit in it, with my boots covering the fact that the trousers were way too small. Highlight of the day was when a little girl asked me for my photo, also dressed as Mal! So many kids and parents wanted pictures, it was great. As much as I love the character, I retired this because I absolutely will never fit into it again! But that doesn't mean I'll never cosplay Mal again...
28th April 2018: Makeup Bought! I've finally gotten all the elements of Mal's makeup ready to do a full wig and makeup test soon. Mal's look is fairly neutral in D2, with the main features being those eyelashes and lips (Dove Cameron is an actual doll I swear to God). I've gotten the most accurate I could find; I may also add some blush, but I'll see how I feel when I do the test run.
The products I'm using are:
- Makeup Revolution Conceal & Define Concealer in C1
- Soap & Glory Supercat Eyeliner Pen in Liquid Black
- NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in 604 Milk
- NYX Buter Gloss in BLG32 Strawberry Cheesecake
- Ardell Professional Magnetic Accents in 002
- Miss Sporty lasting Colour Nail Varnish in 080
- Covergirl Full Lash Bloom Mascara in Very Black
- Collection Shimmer Shades Blush in 02 Blushalicious
- Colours by Technic Complete Makeup Palette.
Fingers crossed that, when combined, these all give a screen accurate look!
Cosplay Island is a news, portfolio and resource site for UK cosplayers. Join for free today, create your cosplay profile and share your photos with other cosplayers, or browse thousands of costumes by our members. Stay updated with all the latest news from the costuming world and cosplay events.