7th March 2018: I hate trying to adapt patterns So I have started on my coat for Emily. I was going to use the coat pattern I always use, but on closer inspection of her costume it wasn't going to work. so instead I opted for McCALL'S M7058 because unlike the simplicity pattern, this had side pannels. I spent a while thinking about which fabric to use and ended up going with one that was quite a bit lighter than what it looks in the game because I thought it would look better when getting photos in dim lit areas.
After cutting out the pieces I had to still change the front pannels so they were short and curved in, and then change the back pannels so they had the slant. This was the part I was most nervous of because there is no going ack oce cut.
I think I have done an ok job. At the moment it is just pinned so i can use the pieces as a template to cut out the lining. I tried ot on, but I no longer have a mirror I can look in to check how it looks and the mannequin is about 3 sizes smaller than me so I can't get a proper judgement off of it.
But its too late now anyway. The fabric has been cut. I have no more spare so I'm just hoping when I get it lined and sewn up I am happy with it.
Sorry for the bad image quality. I'm using my Vita camera.
Cosplay Island is a news, portfolio and resource site for UK cosplayers. Join for free today, create your cosplay profile and share your photos with other cosplayers, or browse thousands of costumes by our members. Stay updated with all the latest news from the costuming world and cosplay events.