×
 

Yennefer of Vengerberg (Travelling Outfit) - The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Complete


 


No comments received.

Make ruffles for arms
Complete boots
Make buckles for boots
White shirt
£0.00
Black blazer
£0.00
Brown leather belt
£0.00
Hair dye
£0.00
Trousers (owned)
£0.00
Pendant
£0.00
Gold enamel paint (owned)
£0.00
1 metre black jacquard fabric
£0.00
Leather trousers (going to adapt into boots)
£0.00
Thick velvet choker
£0.00
Epoxy putty (owned)
£0.00
Fluffy scarf (faux fur alternative)
£0.00
High heeled shoe (base for boots - maybe)
£0.00
Darning wool (owned - 75p new)
£0.00
Long gloves
£0.00
Massive off-cut of thick black fabric
£0.00
Ribbon offcuts
£0.00
Hooks and eyes
£0.00
Bias bindings
£0.00
Black stretch boot base (could have got £1 student discount but didn't have my card on me)
£0.00
Reel of wire for button making and buckles (owned - £1 new)
£0.00
2nd darning wool
£0.00
More bias binding for ruffles
£0.00
8mm Pearl beads
£0.00

Total cost: £0.00

15th May 2017

Overall Update

Have been busy working on this costume amongst others for the upcoming MCM London! I recently added some more detailing to the bodice and had my hair cut in time for Comic-con. I'm a little worried that my hair will be a little too short but it will hopefully look just fine once I get some volume and texture in it! I might look into getting some really cheap extensions but idk, I haven't worn extensions in years and we all know that cheap ones never look /that/ good! haha Been testing out makeup too. Had a costest session just before I had my hair cut and it came out pretty bad but from that I have learned what I do and don't want to be doing on the day so not all is lost! Below is a snap of me in my Yen makeup, can you tell why I deemed it a failure? (Why is the contour shade of my palate so saturated??!)

28th February 2017

Sleeves

Over the past few days I sewed the stitch details on the upper sleeves. Today, I have been making the ribbon ruffles for the sleeves. They took a lot of ribbon and a whole ton of effort to sew and I ran out of the black bias binding because the store only had 3.5 metres left. I'm gonna have to go back to another store of the chain I got it from and hope that they have the same one. I'be just bought some pearl beads to thread onto the black rope around the ruffles.

23rd February 2017

Bodice etc

Using a shop-bought suit jacket as a base, I've begun making the bodice. I cut off the arms and used them to make a pattern for the short wide part of the top of the sleeves. I've made this out of plain black fabric right now and have added the leather detailing already but will probably add the jacquard on top to give it more rigidity and to make it more accurate. I'be sewed the tubes for the lower part of the upper arm sleeve, I just need to attach them but I still need to buy the ribbon and pearls so there's still a little way to go with that still. I cut off the entire collar (on the suit jacket and I also trimmed the collar of my undershirt) and have begun adding hooks and eyes to keep the bodice enclosed without putting too much strain on my handmade buttons which I fear may be a tad fragile. I still need to add the stitch detailing on the sleeve, apply the jacquard and leather detail, sew last hook and eye and to collate other supplies so I can continue.

19th February 2017

Buttons

Today I made 4 buttons to test out the cast that I made of my initial modelled button. 2/4 came out well, and the other 2 are still useable but I will need to put them near the bottom of the bodice to hide them a little if I do. I painted them all up and they look good. I don't think that I will need any other materials for them. Materials used: Wire and/or jump rings Epoxy putty Baby oil Black acrylic Outdoor-grade hardwearing silver paint

18th February 2017

Buttons (beta)

Using sculpey and failing, I decided to try epoxy putty to try and model the buttons that are on Yen's bodice because I have been struggling to find cheap buttons and buttons that accurate at all. The buttons in the local shops were not at all what I needed and a that ones I could make do with were a minimum of 40 pence each! Ridiculous! Epoxy putty costs me £2.35 a box and I already had 90% of a box after making a custom Pop Vinyl for a friend for Christmas. So this is technically free, and even if we were to count it I am certain these handmade buttons are turning out cheaper and more accurate than any I could buy locally.

17th February 2017

Trousers

I spent an hour or so sewing the dashed lines on the front of the trousers. My trousers are a pair of old skinny cordouroy pants, they had a rip in the back so this is giving them a new lease of life. I need to look up whether there are dashes on the back and think about ways to incorporate the white side stripe.



International Competitions

Recommended crafting tools & accessories



Sponsored links information

Featured Event

Milton Keynes - 8th November