1st July 2016: Base Patterned out the top out of newspaper and made a mock up out of calico. Then made the top double layered, I sewed it together along the collar, turned it inside out then top stitched the bottom. I'm going to make some matching bias binding for the sleeves as I think it will look better.
For the skirt, I've made so many pleated skirts in my lifetime I can do it with my eyes closed (maybe not, I need my eyes to look at the measuring tape and to not sew my fingers through the pointy needle ;P).
It's a basic pleated circle skirt. I measured below my waist where I wanted the skirt to sit, times this by 1.5 and cut out two circle skirts by this measurement. Pleated it into 2" pleats, hemmed it then added on a waistband with interfacing inside.
Everything so far is made from cotton, everything needs to be pressed and ironed but I'm about to man handle it again so I didn't see the point just for the photo.
Considering I haven't sewn anything in ages, everything is ridiculously neat! Especially my waistband!
I may need to shorten the skirt as there will be a trim along the bottom. I'll do that when I dye the trim and ruffle it.
This cosplay will be put on halt until I dye my fabric to a dark pink, there's not a lot I can do otherwise.