Terra Branford - Final Fantasy 6

StatusIn Progress
Worn AtKitacon Quest 2017


Photos

 


Information

Decided on my next big one! Looking forward to all the bead-work!

I fell in love with her outfit when I watched the opening animation of the game when I was a girl. This costume has been on my mind for a while and thought 'ya know, I could do with trying out something a bit different.' I finished FF6 for the first time last year for the first time and Terra grew on me a lot.

I have gained an affinity for pretty projects after all the rhinestones I glued onto Sora and I defiantly feel that I havent done a nice dress costume in a long time.

I have experimented on embroidery for this but a) I feel like I would best use fabric paint as I am paranoid the embroidery hoops would mess up the fabric and b) need to practice more so maybe next time will a smaller amount to do.

Comments

Deathblow_Prime posted on 13 June, 2016 - 17:56
Love the wig! Hope to see some progress on this :)

White Tigress posted on 4 July, 2017 - 23:56
A lot of procrastinating later she is back on the progress list :D

Manticore posted on 13 June, 2016 - 22:06
Wooo I like! Are you using the references from Dissdia, Amano or In-Game?

White Tigress posted on 14 June, 2016 - 13:15
Mostly game/Amano. Might mix them up a little hehe

Progress Journal

Con crunch (Posted 14th August 2017)

Just afew days to go!

The dye didnt work out so decided to try painting the gradient using water and a spnge which seemed to have worked well.

There is some hope Terra can be done on time afterall!!!

First time ombre painting and making earrings. The fabrics for the sashes are luuuuush~

Dye preparation...with a difference! (Posted 28th July 2017)

Gotten bored of standard fabric dyes but a few months ago I have found a few turorials about making my own vegatable dyes.

Cut some beetroot, pop it into pan, throw a shit ton salt and vinegar and let it simmer in water for an hour.

Not sure how it is gonna turn out. Also gonna create an gradient for the first time.

Applique (Posted 23rd July 2017)

Pushing to get the sleeves done very soon.

Heres the applique before I started sewing the sequins.

More stuff!!!! (Posted 15th July 2017)

Got a few metres worth of Geogette fabrics for the sash and cape.

Cape is way more peach than intended so I am curious to see how it blends with the rest of the costume.

Beads (Posted 9th July 2017)

<3

Leggings (Posted 12th June 2017)

Made from lycra to prevent ripping.

Needs painting.

Sleeves (Posted 26th May 2017)

*Dies*

Sequins (Posted 19th May 2017)

I have settled for sequins for the flowers on the dress and the sleeves.

Quick tests (Posted 21st February 2017)

I have done some fabric tests for the main fabric to see how everything behaves. I dont really like how the paint looks directly on it but the applique method looks like its working well.

Now I need to think what would be the best sort of fabrics to use, and I might consider using some of the applique as a base for the paintwork (and maybe some embroidry if im feeling adventurous) if needed.

Wig 2 (Posted 17th February 2017)

The wig is now restyled. I have looked at a few tutorials and been inspired to make it into a high ponytail. Looks much better now. I might consider reinstalling the pearls if they dont interfere with the rest of the hair accessories I will be making :D

Bow (Posted 29th December 2016)

Nearly done. Need some gold paint so I can start the brooch for the middle.

Picking this up again (Posted 5th December 2016)

Ill be finishing this whenever this gets finished. Ideally I would like to get this done for LAGC but the mid year con (hopefully I can get Kitacon off) would be fine.

I found some lovely lace lying around for the bow but no matter what I done with it it looked like I have just popped it last minuite in my wig so I decided to bling it a little with rhinestones.

Last week I have done a but of a stock check for fabric paints I already owned and brought some more since. They are as pictured but since then I have brought 2 white (for the base coat as the velvet is pretty dark, more red, and some yellow and green that are designed for dark fabrics.

I have acquired some fabric for the leggings and Akari's shirt but it's too thin for my liking but it would do for the cape. I hope to read up and do the ombre dying at the start of the new year. I ordered some white spandex.

The fringe is cut a little bit. I wanna make it all pretty with beads.

Brought a reel of gold fringe trimming. Gonna buy the dyes and bead stuff in the new year as the costs of this is proper piling up and need money for xmas xD

Dress (Posted 8th July 2016)

My progress on my dress so far, comparing the mock up dress (which I plan to use as lining later) and the final fabric Ill me making it our of. I used a corset to help me place where the seams will be (the cling film and masking tape patterning method may be better for this kind of thing ^^;). I originally had another panel for each side of my body but due to the copious amounts of seam allowances on the rest of it there was no need. I had to remove a bit from the bust to ensure it contours well.

The only issue right now is that there will be some taking in around the hips as it feels a bit like a skater dress. In fact, it would work really well if I wanna cosplay Panty from PSG. I can live with that and will be an easy fix.

YURSH!!!!!!!! (Posted 5th July 2016)

Done my research and decided that I wanna use crushed velvet.

I have some red cotton around so I can use that as a mock up for the base dress and once I get to the main one I can use it as lining.

Wig selected! (Posted 6th June 2016)

It arrived this morning! It will need a lot of work and cutting but I like the colour a lot! Decided to go with the mint green as FF6 means a lot to me and she will always be green haired to me :P