Geek - leveling up his geekdom through acquiring of new hobbies.
Computer Programmer for a Bath based software house by day. Gamer; larper; table top roleplayer; cosplayer; very occasional random game designer; sci-fi, fantasy, comic book and anime fan - the rest of the time.
After over three years of playing it www.NexusWar.com is no more! And the universe is a worse place for it.
Still www.wigbl.com exists, heavily inspired by NexusWar. Still in alpha, but looks promising.
First in 2008 Ailsa-chan made me do it! I made a couple of costumes, then I bought a house and learnt renovating a house eats up all your time.
I have been to the following cons (click links for photos):
And plan to do some amounts of cons a year, but probably no more expos, for however long I keep cosplaying which I'm getting back into now the house is nearly 'done'.
Wed, 16 Apr 2014 22:12:22 GMT
Weird to think that in 10 days time at this point the evening would be winding down for the end of the wedding.
Also have I think now fully internalised the whole you will see no one at your wedding, working out just spending 3 minutes with each of the day guests would take 5.5hrs has done a good job of that.
Left to do:
- Final suit is still ok fitting Friday.
- Collect suits Tuesday.
- Purchase thank you presents for John, Andy and my Aunts making the cakes.
- Work out what to get Jack and Judith as thank you gifts.
- Burn the songs for the ceremony on two CDs.
- Make up about 30m of the book page table runners.
- Call Grittleton to confirm what rooms we have for sticking board games in.
- Send a final email to the DJ with updated song requests.
- Write my speech
- Write the quiz questions
The last two I can do on my train journeys tomorrow. Off to London for company away day and social thing in the evening, not looking forward to being up at 6am for that train. New job is good so far, will write more post wedding.