Hey there! My name's Leonie, also known as Leo =P At 25 years of age I am a bubbly, romantic and day-dreaming Piscean who gets excited like a child when visiting the Disney store.
I am a cosplayer and this is my main hobby and what most of my spare money goes towards. I really enjoy getting to be someone else for a day and the social side that comes with it. I have met so many amazing people thanks to cosplaying.
My main "obsession" is Final Fantasy VIII and Rinoa Heartilly in particular. I collect merchandise from the game and it's my goal to cosplay all versions of Rinoa. Over the last year or so I've also become quite a big fan of Resident Evil. I've always loved the films but now I own all the games apart from Gaiden.
I am a very emotional person by nature and suffer from depression at times so I am very grateful to those who support me through my bad patches and are there to make me smile again =)
My boyfriend sjbonnar is also a cosplayer and a moderator on here. I look forward to being able to do "couple cosplays" with him at some point lol
I love my bed and I never seem to get enough sleep. I'm even happier when I have someone to snuggle up to.
I've been told I'm a bit strange or act like a freak sometimes but ah well I don't care that's just me x3
That enough to go on? xXx
I have been cosplaying since October 07 and my first hand-made costume was KHII Kairi made in 2009.
I'm a picky cosplayer. The type that will fuss over all the little details and isn't happy if something isn't quite right. This means I would be happier with one accurate costume over 3 that weren't so correct. I would rather buy a costume than make it if I felt my effort wouldn't be accurate enough. An example is my Rinoa boots had to have exactly 5 shoe-lace holes but she only ties them up to the 4th.
Yes I'm a tad picky XD
My dream cosplay is the Dead Fantasy version of Rinoa and it is my aim to cosplay all versions of Miss Rinoa Heartilly as I love her character (if my username didn't give that away).
I am a member of the Silent Studios Cosplay Team and have already done some promotional work for Capcom.
Mon, 30 Dec 2013 00:57:33 GMT
So still been crap with posting on here but tbh everyone seems to have abandoned LJ so not sure if there's any point anymore anyway... Thought I might as well give this a go though, I think I did it a few years ago.
1. What did you do in 2013 that you'd never done before?
Lived without my parents- Lived with a partner in our own flat
Went to Egypt
Can't remember if I made any last year, this years one will probably be to make a lot of effort to stick to the Slimming World diet and get my body confidence back.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My dog Jet =(
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
A flat stomach
The chance to go to Alton Towers or Disney Land
7. What date(s) from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
17th March- Mine and Sean's one year anniversary <3
3rd August- the day I moved into our flat
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Doing a lot of the arrangements for the flat myself and not relying on Sean for it all.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not doing well enough at work
Repeatedly failing to finish cosplays
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Currently have a throat infection lol Also had a dodgy shoulder which I still haven't had x-rayed... Oh and B12 deficiency earlier in the year.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Probably my 500gb super slim PS3 which I only got today as an upgrade from my 120gb slim. I didn't have much money this year for personal spending on material things tbh.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Sean's for putting up with me lol
13. Did anyone's behaviour make you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
Spending money and new clothes etc for Egypt and many things for the flat. BILLS.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Going to Egypt and moving out.
16. What song(s) will always remind you of 2013?
Iris- The Goo Goo Dolls
Let it Go- Idina Menzel (Disney's Frozen)
Connect (Puella Magi Madoka Magica opening theme)
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
Happier or sadder? - Happier
Thinner or fatter? - God knows at this point lol So much Xmas food...
Richer or poorer? - So poor!
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Game playing, cosplays, keeping updated online
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Telling myself I couldn't do/buy things due to lack of money
20. Did you fall in love in 2013?
Nope as already in it
21. How many people did you kiss?
Just Sean (not counting family kisses)
22. What was your favourite TV programme?
Once Upon a Time and The Walking Dead
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I don't think so... There's plenty of people I really dislike but I don't think that happened this year
24. What was the best book you read?
I think the Mortal Instruments and Infernal Devices series were the only books I read not counting re-reads and numerous romance novels.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I've been a bit lax with music lately tbh
26. What did you want and get?
Light up Lumiere
Upgrade my PS3
27. What did you want and not get?
A trip to Alton Towers/ holiday with Sean
28. What was your favourite film of this year?
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, Frozen and Wreck it Ralph
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 25 and I didn't do much on the day (booked it off work anyway) but Sean did take me to dinner at Frankie and Benny's a few days after to celebrate.
30. What would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
More money? lol
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?
32. What kept you sane?
33. Which celebrity / public figure did you fancy the most?
No one new I don't think. I did oggle topless Thor a bit... And I got to meet Norman Reedus who was lovely!
34. Who did you miss?
Sarah and Ria as they are abroad
35. Who was the best new person you met?
Gosh I dunno
36. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013:
37. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
And I want you to love me for who I am
I just wanna be myself
And I want you to know, I am my hair
I just want to be free, I just want to be me
And I want lots of friends that invite me to their parties
Don't wanna change, and I don't wanna be ashamed
I'm the spirit of my hair, it's all the glory that I bare
~ The Arts ~ Japanese culture ~ Gaming (non-PC) ~ Elves / Vampires & other such mythical creatures ~ Reading ~ Drawing in the anime/ manga style ~ Egyptian & Victorian history ~ Surfing the in-ter-web