Information you share with us is used for Cosplay Island's internal business purposes. Cosplay Island is not in the business of selling information about you. This notice tells you what information we collect, steps we take to protect and secure it, how we use and share the information, and finally, how you can access that information or contact us with questions or concerns.
Information We Gather
- Cosplay Island collects personal information that you provide when you register with us, use Cosplay Island products or services available on the Cosplay Island Site (the "Service") or post content on a Cosplay Island portfolio site as a guest with authoring rights.
- Cosplay Island automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, cookies, and the pages you request.
How we use IP Address Information
- Cosplay Island may occasionally obtain IP addresses from users depending upon how you access our web site. IP addresses, browser and session information may be used for various purposes, including to:
- Diagnose and prevent service or technology problems reported by our users or engineers that are associated with the IP addresses controlled by a specific web company or ISP.
- Estimate the total number of users visiting Cosplay Island from specific geographical regions.
- Help determine which users have access privileges to certain content, services or resources that we offer.
- Monitor and prevent fraud and abuse.
- Deliver more relevant advertisements to you.
- A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier that is sent to your browser from a web site's computers and stored on your computer's hard drive.
- You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set, however, if you configure your browser to reject cookies, you may not be able to use Cosplay Island products or services that require you to "sign in" and you may not be able to take full advantage of all offerings on the Cosplay Island site.
- Cosplay Island uses its own cookies for a number of purposes, including to:
- Require you to re-enter your Cosplay Island password after a certain period of time has elapsed to protect you against others accidentally accessing your account contents.
- Keep track of preferences you specify while you are using Cosplay Island's services.
- Estimate and report our total audience size and traffic.
- Conduct research to improve Cosplay Island's content and services.
- Cosplay Island lets other entities that show advertisements on some of our web pages set and access their cookies on your computer. Other entities' use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies, and not this policy. Advertisers or other entities do not have access to Cosplay Island's cookies.
How we Use, Share and Disclose Information We Collect
- Cosplay Island does not share personal information we learn about you from your use of the Service or this web site with others except as described in this policy. We do not share your information with unrelated third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
- When you provide personal information through using the Service you are however sharing your personal information with Cosplay Island, organizations that may hold a majority interest in Cosplay Island, their divisions or subsidiaries and, Cosplay Island and any of its divisions or subsidiaries. The use of your personal information by these organizations is subject to this policy.
- We do not share your information with unrelated third parties for their direct marketing purposes. However, Cosplay Island may display targeted advertisements based on personally non-identifiable information (such as browser type and IP address) and/or personal selection (See the Section entitled "Third Party Advertising" below for more information on how your information is shared with advertisers).
- Cosplay Island may use your personal information where it is necessary for us to complete a transaction, to operate or improve Cosplay Island and related products and services, to do something that you have asked us to do, or tell you of products and services that we think may be of interest.
- Cosplay Island may use your email address to contact you with required email messages about the Service.
- Where you are contacted with an offer or service based on information you have shared with Cosplay Island, we will do our best to provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of receiving such further communications at the time you are contacted.
- When you post a message, your Cosplay Island ID or alias that you are posting under may be visible to other users.
- When you post a message on Cosplay Island portfolios, you have the ability to post a message which may include personally identifiable information about yourself; consequently, you should understand that if you post personal information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return, and we cannot be responsible for the use of any information you post publicly.
- Cosplay Island does or may share personally identifiable information about you under the following circumstances:
- In the course of operating our business it may be necessary or appropriate for us to provide access to your personal information to others such as our service providers, contractors and select vendors so that we can operate the Service and our business. Where practical, we seek to obtain confidentiality agreements that are consistent with this policy and that limit others' use or disclosure of the information you have shared.
- We may transfer personal information to certain advertising partners that you have explicitly requested to receive information from. It will be clear at the point of collection who is collecting the personal information and whose privacy statement will apply.
- We may share your personal information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims, if in our judgment, disclosure is required or appropriate in such circumstances.
If there is ever a change to how Cosplay Island uses or intends to use personal information, we will post that change to this policy and, if the new policy is materially less restrictive than this policy, we will seek your consent.
Third Party Advertising
Cosplay Island does not share any personally identifiable information with advertisers. Cosplay Island may share general demographic information (such as information about members' aggregate interests and occupations) and non-personally identifiable information (such as browser type and IP addresses) with advertisers and partners. Cosplay Island does not give advertisers access to your private personal account information. However, by selecting, interacting with or viewing an ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
Confidentiality and Security
No data transmissions over the Internet or via wireless networks can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make efforts to ensure security on our systems.
- We use physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect personal information about you.
- Your Cosplay Island Account Information is password-protected.
If Cosplay Island learns of a security systems breach we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps, however, we will never ask you to submit additional personal information or to verify the status of or information related to your account in any electronic communication email. By using this web site or providing personal information to us you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of this site. Cosplay Island may post a notice on our web site if a security breach occurs. If this happens, you will need a web browser enabling you to view the Cosplay Island.com web site. Cosplay Island may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us in these circumstances, however, we will never ask you to submit additional personal information or to verify the status of or information related to your account in any such email. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice) you should notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changing your Preferences and Personal Information
- You can edit your Cosplay Island Account Information at any time. Most personal information you may provide is entirely optional.We do not condition participation based upon their provision of any more personal information than is necessary to operate the Service.
If you have a privacy concern regarding Cosplay Island, or this policy, and if you cannot satisfactorily resolve it through the use of this web site, you should then write to us by email to email@example.com.
If you object to any sharing of your personal information that may be permitted under this policy, you may do so by writing us at the above address. We will take reasonable steps to accommodate your requests as they relate to our advertising practices. In some instances, honoring your requests may interfere with or preclude your ability to use the Service or may require us to terminate our relationship with you.
Effective Date: August 2, 2007