|Cost :||£214 DX|
|Awards :||"Simple design executed beautifully" Ayacon '09|
|Time Taken :||1 week|
|Why is there such a significant lack of male clow cards?! After dropping Palkia I wanted to replace it with something that will hopefully be good enough to enter into a comp. Going to be modding the trousers a little so they're more like parachute pants.|
Fabric - £70
Wig - £55
Dye - £15
Fosshape - £51
Shoes - £5
Beads - £18
Total - £214
|attach rain drops||Medium||Complete|
|Head gem||Low||In Progress|
Done! (Posted 11th August 2009)
Pretyy much completely done with this one now. The top is all finished and just needs the collar shaped. The head gem I'll have to do thursday but everything else is done.
Wig (Posted 10th August 2009)
Ended up buying a stupidly expensive wig from the complete tards that work in the wig store in town. Not only did they try to argue that wigs can't be dyed, but one of them was attempting to brush a wig from the top down. Apparently it had taken her two days so far, it wasn't even that tangled and could have been fine in about 5 minutes if she had any sense. These people don't even know what they're selling, it took me about 5 minutes to explain that it's not as simple as human hair and synthetic hair and that there's different fibres. Ugh. Despite my ranting, I did rather enjoy educating them on their shop and somewhat embarrassing the both of them.
The top is all done and being sewn together. I was somewhat dreading finishing it incase it didn't fit but now I've cut out the back and can see how it has to come together I'm feeling much better about it.
I am slightly concerned about transporting the hat still. Covering it last night compromised the shape and now it's fairly soft again (which was a bit surprising as I've not had that happen before) I annoyingly burnt a little of the lycra attempting to heat it again but it's on the back so it's not overly worrying.
I seem to have packed my latex away so the head gem will need to be done on Wednesday.
I'm feeling really good about this costume atm, I'm beginning to get nervous now about the comp though. Looking at the rest of the people entering (took a look through the email list) I know already who has first and second place bagged really. There were a few people I didn't recognise so I'm eager to see the rest of the entrants on the day and see the kind of competition.
Wig fail (Posted 10th August 2009)
Well, I ordered a wig through Katie Bair a month ago, went to check the progress of the order as I'd still not got it and my order is still being processed. DX I've now had to cancel my order and I'll be heading to the wig store in town later today to grab the lightest colour wig I can for dyeing. At least dyeing it might give me some extra points with the judges.
Hat of doom (Posted 7th August 2009)
The boots are all done. I wasn't sure how to do the top of the boot, however believe it or not I actually had a dream that showed me how to do it! It seems my dream was a pretty good shoe maker as it did in fact work and now they're fully completed.
Finally started on the hat ready for heating tomorrow. By sheer luck I have just enough fosshape to do the hat to the size I want it, though it means it's likely it won't fit in a car. I'm hoping to have it fully done tomorrow and covered so that all that's left is just the final few details. The top I can finish today with left over fosshape so that's sorted too.
Beads completed (Posted 2nd August 2009)
After individually painting and glossing all the beads, they're all ready to attach. I'm finishing off the shoes tonight then might make a start on the hat of doom. I'm really eager to start on it despite having other things to do. ><
Beads! (Posted 29th July 2009)
The raindrop beads finally came today! I've added them to the raindrop plushie so now that's all done.
Getting there (Posted 27th July 2009)
Trousers are all done now!
The top is coming along well, I've got the front pieces cut out now and need to trace out the back and sleeves then it's ready to sew together. I've ended up making the collar along with the top after realising how much the seam would show if I did it in two sections. It caused a few problems when redesigning the pattern but it should be sorted now.
I've got the shoes half done and ready to heat. I'm not overly happy with the shape atm so I'll work it as I heat it to get a better shape.
Still waiting on the beads and wig so that'll be done later.
Once this top and shoes are out the way I've just got the hat and little details to add.
Diamonds! So many diamonds! (Posted 22nd July 2009)
Today I've been working on the trousers, as they're lycra I've opted to cut each diamond out individually and the sew it all back together in alternating colours.