|Cost :||£300 or thereabouts|
|Awards :||Grand prize winner, LFCC Cosplay Championship 2014. 1st Runner up, MCM London Expo Cosplay Masquerade 2014|
|Time Taken :||6 weeks|
|After making two EVA foam Mass Effect suits, I felt I wanted to try something with this Worbla stuff everyone seems to be going on about. I'm a lot happier making armour than sewing, and my love of Diablo 3 gave me the perfect excuse. I was torn between the Barbarian and the Demon Hunter, both of whom have incredibly cool outfits, but in the end I've gone for Barbarian first (less fabric involved, clearly).|
It's taken 3 XL sheets of Worbla to make, and I have to say I'm totally sold on it as a material to work with - it's great to be able to form, sculpt and shape it into the sometimes bizarre things this costume has entailed.
Before we began painting, Si and I decided that whilst we definitely wanted the illustrated, out of the game look of the Blizzard game, we also wanted it to look a bit rough and ready too. So instead of smoothing over the armour with PVA or Gesso, we've kept it in its' natural state. Instead, we gave it some spray plastic primer and matt black, then went at it with drybrushed acrylics.
[EDIT] Thank you everyone for the Showcase and lovely comments, I'm lost for words!