|This was my cosplay for the Saturday of Expo :) I was so happy to make this cosplay so quickly! |
The outfit is made from mainly cotton jersey and is essentially a morphsuit. I'm really happy with the result but I may remake the stockings out of lycra if I wear this again in the future.
|Fabric, trims, zip||£30.00||Bought|
|Extra bias||£0.80||To Buy|
Update-ma-jig~ (Posted 18th April 2014)
And so I've spent most of the day sewing the "boots". I've made them as part of the bodysuit and my progress was really slow~
I placed baking sheets underneath the fabric to stop it from slipping under the presser foot.
I've attached them to the bodysuit using powernet and it is a BITCH to sew~!
Getting started (Posted 13th April 2014)
So for the weekend I got started on my next costume to add to the handful of projects I already have going! :D
I toyed around with the ideas of using different fabrics and found cotton jersey and cotton lining to be the most useful to make the base. So far I have managed to work on the front details.
I used gold bias binding for the middle stripes, felt for the eyes and have made my own bias binding out of blue poly cotton. The top half of the leotard is made from cotton curtain lining which has been interfaced with a fuse on stiffener.