|Time Taken :||2 months|
Wales Comic Con April '14
London MCM May
Wales Comic Con November '14 (For shoots with the Impala XD)
Birmingham Winter MCM '14
I've tracked down a Gap jacket like the one he wears most often and dyed it to a screen accurate colour and replaced the buttons.
The demon knife is made from worbla and has a real deer antler handle.
The First Blade is made from polymorph plastic and leather.
John's Journal was also made from scratch by me.
More props will be added over time! :)
Improved Mark of Cain! (Posted 1st August 2014)
I wasn't happy with the Mark, so I got Jemma LeP to help me out with making a Mark that is applied with latex and covered with make up that I can reuse next time! :) So pleased with how it turned out!
New prop! (Posted 16th May 2014)
**SPOILERS FOR S9 IF YOU'VE BEEN LIVING UNDER A ROCK**
I made myself the First Blade this afternoon to go with my growing Supernatural prop collection. XD It's just polymorph, with emulsion and acrylic paint and faux leather and suede for the wrappings. :)
This will be going with me to MK for a change of prop, but I've yet to experiment with the makeup for the Mark, so I'm not sure if I'll be doing that or not!
Journal almost complete! (Posted 19th April 2014)
Hours and hours of double stitching later... The journal's pretty much completed now. I've got a few years worth of pages in there and can keep building on it. Need to make one more badge for the front inside pocket, but all the main details are there!
I have a lot of photographs, images and fake book pages to print off and type up next... XD
Journal details (Posted 13th April 2014)
Added in the Rifle Expert pin. Will be making the aviator badge out of worbla soon to add in. The service ribbon bars are made from cutting strips of sticky back velcro and winding and sticking cotton down on top of them. They'll be glued in when I've sewn the journal cover together along with the Fort Rucker badge once I've made that! The top left one needs redoing, but that was my 'tester' in a different thread. XD
Journal jacket progress (Posted 9th April 2014)
I cut up and squashed an old ring binder to get the base and am covering with faux leather. Having to double stitch all of the edges which is taking time, but hopefully it'll have a nice finish for doing so! :)
Demon knife finished! (Posted 8th April 2014)
Gave the Worbla a spray coat with primer, then metallic car spray and finally some lighter plastikote. I painted into the engraving details with black acrylic to make it stand out more clearly too and then attached it to the antler handle using superglue! :D
Jacket done! (Posted 8th April 2014)
Dyed and new buttons and trim added on. So pleased with the results! The colour is a grey colour with green/blue ish sort of tones which works nicely now. :)
Dyeing the jacket (Posted 7th April 2014)
The Gap jacket came and while it's great for the style it was a sandy khaki colour so I needed to dye it. I used Dylon Antique Grey and Olive Green to get this colour, but the jacket actually looks greener than in these pictures here so I'll be getting another lot of the Antique Grey to match the colour it seems to be in the series and then I'll replace the buttons too!
Demon blade inscription (Posted 3rd April 2014)
Heated all the worbla and pieced it together, smoothed it out and then used a candle and a small screwdriver to carve the inscriptions into it.
Demon blade handle (Posted 2nd April 2014)
The demon blade seemed like a must have for cosplaying a Winchester, so that's where I've started!
I got a real deer antler and spent about three and a half hours sawing and sanding it by hand to get it to the right shape and nice and smooth.
The blade itself is cut from Worbla thermoplastic and I'll moulding it together to paint and then attach to the handle tomorrow.
(My hands ache. so. much. XD)