|I wasn't planning to do this version of GA just yet, but after an issue getting a top and trousers to match for my Showcase version, I've switched.|
This isn't going to be 100% accurate to the DCUO version, but it will be mostly based on it.
Bow Upgrades 01 (Posted 21st April 2014)
After Kitacon, I worked out that there were a couple of things that need sorting on my bow.
The second thing I have done is add an arrow rest. It is a small hook that was part of a set my mother picked up for hanging pictures. It is bigger than real arrow rests, but as it doesn't "lock" the arrow in place it will be easier for me to remove the arrow after photos.
Bow Mods 02 (Posted 11th February 2014)
So, I've made the sintra limbs and trialled them on the bow.
Even though I have used a 66" bow, and the length felt fine, this one feels too big for some reason. I may try shaping the limbs a bit and see if that feels any better, but I'm thinking that I will end up shortening the bow to 60" or maybe a touch less. I haven't decided quite yet.....
Bow Mods 01 (Posted 4th February 2014)
I picked up a compound bow with missing parts a while ago. I've been planning to build recurve limbs out of sintra to make it "cosplay safe"
Once I've build the limbs, I will shape them, and string the bow with elastic so it can be fully drawn but have no force behind it.