|Cost :||around £30|
|Awards :||2nd place cosplay contest at Kitacon 2009|
|Time Taken :||I have no idea|
|This was pretty much a last minute decision, My friends were running the horror panel at Kitacon, and I made mention that I've always wanted to cosplay a silent hill nurse. They asked if I could get it done for Kita.....so I bugeted and got the materials, and hey presto.|
The mask is made from Latex mostly, I made it from scratch myself and it was the first time I'd worked with the stuff, I'm REALLY happy with it and am deffinatly going to continue latex work. It was then painted with acrylics and sealed with a layer of clear dry latex.
The shoes, dress and gloves were bought off good old ebay, dress and gloves stained with tea (stinks!) and then stained more with a combo of watercolours and acrylics watered down. The shoes were attacked with acrylics.
Major props to Liz (awesome ninja powers) for the body paint!. We diddnt use real body paint, instead my own conciotion of watered down acrylic and watercolour. It works really well and I'd suggest it to anyone. It doesnt rub off, it scratches off and it's not uncomfertable, and very easy to clean off!.
Just to remind myself (Posted 19th March 2011)
I wan't to reboot this costume, I learned alot about latex doing the mask and I feel it could be so much better if I did it PROPERLY.
The original mask is so painfull to wear. I stupidly diddn't give it enough shrink room so I can only wear it for about 10 minutes at a time before it hurts far too much.
After doing alot more research into the way the costumes were constructed in the films and really thinking about how I could improve it. I decided that I owe it to myself to give it another go.
I don't have an ETA on it, I'm just putting this here to remind me to actually do it at some point when I have funds to be able to.
Latex work on the dress itself should help to make it look far more skin like and grungy like in the film. An improvement on the mask, possibly making a neck sheet to make it less obvious that there is a "line" seperating the head from the neck. Doing the bandaged version of the head should help with this, at least it'll give me the chance to make it less constricting!
I could use improvment on the body makeup too. I need black veins and "muddying" up and I'd like for some of it to look greasy and wet.
More research, more time, more funding and more detail.