|Time Taken :||7hrs|
|ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWER!|
Gurren Lagann is an epic anime, and while Yoko is my favourite character from the series I err, do not have the guts to cosplay her xD. Simon was my second choice and thus Simon will be cosplayed! He's so cute and gets the most awesome jacket hurhur.
Costume is still incomplete but all I have to do is the boot covers so I'll update this again once I've done them.
I started off with the jacket which is three panels sewn together then I sewed on half the sleeve, sewed the red stripes down the sleeve then sewed it on competely. Then I moved onto adding the red stripes for the rest of the jacket. The patch on the back was done by using the zig zag stitch and layering different fabrics together.
I was going to add pockets into the jacket, I ran out of time though. Will do that... sometime!
Shorts were interfaced at the top so keep its shape because they were made from polycotton.
Wig was originally long, coming down to my mid-back, but I've cut and layered it.
Goggles were made from red cotton drill double layered with yellow acetate slipped in and then zig zag stitched on a slightly wide stitch in case I'd cut a hole through the acetate. I then sewed on some black elastic.
Drill was made from DAS clay, painted in acrylic and attached with some black string.
Waist bandages bought from Boots. Ankle bandages bought from Superdrug.
|Make shorts||High||In Progress|
|Practise open-chest binding||High||Planned|
|Make drill [necklace]||Medium||Complete|
|1m brown polycotton||£3.97||Bought|
|0.2m mediumweight iron-on interfacing||£0.68||Bought|
|0.5m black elastic||£0.33||Bought|
|1m blue cotton drill||£3.99||Bought|
Goggles (Posted 9th October 2010)
I love these goggles, they were a pain to hem but they're awesome 8D
Made from double layered cotton drill, acetate thingy (which was actually for Magnet Rin, sorry Rin ;_; ) and some black elastic.
I basically stuck a piece of fabric to my face and drew lines around my eyes and stuff using a pencil. I was alone by the way so I didn't look too idiotic |D
Then black elastic was sewn on to hold it together.
Time Taken: 1hr
Shorts 80% (Posted 5th September 2010)
First time I made them, they were WAAAAY too big. Took them in a bit, still too big but it was better and didn't fall straight off (LOL). Third time lucky, they fit like this :'D
It took a picture with my shirt normally but it covered the belt and the top of the shorts oTL. So I rolled it up, I don't have any duct tape or any kind of tape handy to do open chest binding at this moment of time so you shall have to live with Simon with boobs for now 8'D
Don't ask about the pose... I was like "Think of something, umm umm umm *getting close to the timer running out -sticks hand up-* 8'D" oTL. I was gonna do a pierce the heavens thing but apparently not oTL.
Shorts are made from polycotton. So I want some interfacing for the top before I hem it. All I have available is white interfacing which isn't really suitable for brown fabric so I'll go in town sometime next week to get some. But otherwise, here's what I have of the costume so far! 8'D
Cropped out my feet... I was wearing girly pink socks LOL.
Time Taken: 1hr maybe?
Detailing on the back (Posted 31st August 2010)
Ahhhh I am so proud of this~~~
I love making things difficult for myself. I could have just painted it on, use felt, whatever. But no, I decided to use cotton, a fabric that frays. I wanted to applique it on using the zig zag stitch. This took up a lot of time, but the end result was well worth it! Red detailing is polycotton. White I -think- is polycotton drill. I think it's the same as my Haine fabric so yeah.
Jacket 100% done 8DDD (Posted 31st August 2010)
I am faaaar too lazy to get up and take a decent photo. I shall take one later 8'D
I had to hack up my Alto (Macross Frontier) trousers for the sleeves of this jacket as I underestimated how much fabric I would need. So my Macross Frontier cosplay is officially retired! (I hacked up my Alto wig for Simon anyway ahahaha *shot*)
The jacket itself is well made... The sleeves however suck because I wanted to experiment with applique-ing the red detailing, I'm never doing it that way again that's for sure, stick with how I made Haine's jacket 8'D
I basically made the jacket as normal (with very limited fabric, I had to cut the panels in all sorts of funny shapes) but for the sleeves, I sewed half of it on, sewed on the red detailing, then finished off the sleeves to save me from hand-stitching it on. Never agaaaain!!! It's not too noticeable but it bugs me XD
Continued in next journal...
Time Taken: 4-5hrs