|Time Taken :||300+hours|
|Even though I've marked it as complete I am still working on it to add all the remaining snowflakes and crystals to the bodice and cape, I also plan to remake the wig :)|
My facebook page will have all of my progress and more information about the process behind making the various parts
♥ About Elsa ♥
Elsa is from Disney's latest animated movie "Frozen"
♥ About the Cosplay ♥
I never really had a favourite Disney Movie, sure there are lots I love but never had one that I really would say was an overall fav until Frozen. I fell in love with Elsa, I have finally found a Disney character I really connect with :D and the costume well I have never been so in love with a animated dress before and have to make her costume; hopefully before the winter snows come! (For picturesque photos ofcourse). I decided to completely re-do the bodice area rather than how I have made it already by sewing the sequins on directly I decided to make a separate corset as the dress was being pulled down by the weight of the sequins.
♥ Worn to ♥
KitaCon - 2014
Wales Comic Con - 2014
MCM May Expo - 2014
LFCC - 2014
|1250 more rhinestones||£4.95||Bought|
|700 more Sequins||£3.75||Bought|
|bobbypins for making new hairpins||£1.50||Bought|
|2,500 more rhinestones||£9.90||Bought|
|New skirt fabric||£19.94||Bought|
|New skirt lining fabric||£9.98||Bought|
|Sequins and Gems||£24.20||Bought|
|New Cape fabric||£14.25||Bought|
|3,000 more rhinestones.. again||£11.88||Bought|
|Jersey top fabric||£6.23||Bought|
|2,500 more rhinestones.. again||£9.90||Bought|
Cape Embellishments (Posted 14th July 2014)
15K rhinestones hand placed and heated onto the cape over cobweb tulle and organza to make the stunning
Hair Adornments (Posted 14th July 2014)
I made new adornments for my Elsa Costume, I love how much better they look in comparision to my old ones
New Skirt (Posted 14th July 2014)
After searching for 6months I finally the perfect fabric (texture wise) however the fabric is so fragile it didn't hold up for one day at a convention so in future I may just use my old skirt for cons and the new skirt for photoshoots :)
New under top (Posted 14th July 2014)
I decided to make a new top that was seperate so it could be washed more easily as this is a rather warm costume (lol the irony!) it's made from a pale blue jersey fabric, with hot fix rhinestones, it took 25hours to complete.
Post Kita Madness (Posted 2nd April 2014)
So after A weekend of madness and my desperate attempt to get Elsa complete I did pretty well for myself, I managed to get it "photo" ready lol. I also realised that I need to remake the skirt and top (I don't like them they're just terrible and that I noticed after seeing the photos and walking around in them all day. But that's cool another learning curve :). hopefully I will get it right this time round! The new cape is looking spectacular I mean seriously beautiful really excited about finishing it. Also the bodice even though I have about 60% coverage with sequins it will hopefully be finished by the end of this month :)
Bodice (Posted 12th March 2014)
After spending a lot of time sewing sequins on the dress I have decided to make a separate bodice as the dress just doesn't hang right; and I'm also not happy with the way I've sewn the sequins on, I rushed through making it to get snow photos but snow never came, so before I dedicate a lot of effort into getting photographs I'm going to remake the bodice and finish the sleeves, to prevent any more loss of time, I'm going to use my breaks at work which equates to an hour day to do this, it'll likely take a month of breaks to finish the entire corset, but this way I wont lose anymore time and infact it'll give me something to do instead of loitering online. I'll shortly upload a photo of the new sequining progress!
Elsa Worbla Shoes (Posted 29th January 2014)
Nothing like recycling an old pair of shoes! With scrap Worbla :) makes this costume alot cheaper and there is no point in butchering a new pair of shoes since these had the perfect heel height :D!
I made a masking taping pattern around another pair of shoes to make the "pointed closed toe" that my pair was lacking I then extendended the pattern to incorporate my own "ice pattern" due to lack of super closeups of the shoes I used artistic licsence to make it. then cut the pattern out in worbla and molded it directly onto the shoes with the adhesive side towards the shoe.
Layers of primer then followed by acrylic paint and varnish :)
I would have rather made these out of a translucent material however I am not that compfortable with my feet being visible.
The Sleeves (Posted 22nd January 2014)
I ended up going back on myself here and remade the sleeves and top which meant unpicking all those sequins I sewed on (quite soul crushing might I add!) but the sleeves now sit perfectly as opposed to how they were resting before, just have to reattached thousands of sequins -_-
Elsa's Wig (Posted 22nd January 2014)
The wig hasn't actually cost me anything, I made it from a wig I bought years ago and couldn't remember what I bought it for and I thickened it out with another wig I butchered for wefts but had leftovers. The front of the wig has been majorly thickeneed out with wefts to make the style work and not have visible gaps, it has been heat styled and glued into place so there is no going back with this wig now! It stays how it is!