|Awards :||MCM Midlands Judges Award 2015|
|I've been putting off trying my hand at a mascot-esque type costume for the longest time now. Having now found a place to work on one, I'm going to finally give it a go with Delphox. Neck down, it looks so simple to make, the head will be the real challenge.|
But hey, it's all coming together. Head is absolutely massive, but I'd say pretty damn good for a first attempt :D
Kitacon update: Thanks to everyone who praised my work, seems like it really paid off :D Also yes, at the party I was hot, and yes by the end I was tired
J-Con update: Gonna wear Saturday afternoon at J-con this year. Do come say hello :D
MCM Update: Gonna be in the masquerade (0.o), not expecting to win anything, but trying to just have a bit of fun anyway
Update: Well... how I managed to win judges award I'll never know XD
Finished!!! (...ish) (Posted 25th March 2014)
So it's done, finally... except one thing.
Yay, a photo! (Posted 7th February 2014)
Finally, I remembered to get a picture '-.-
So in this session I literally took chunks out of my fingers, making the tips bleed and sting for a couple of days, and I still can't use them properly. Good thing i'm roght handed and the cuts are on the left really.
Battle injuries (Posted 28th January 2014)
Forgot photo's again -.-
So I've had another 2 sessions of working on it since my last entry. The first one, whilst hacking away at foam, I successfully managed to slice a long and deep cut into my finger. Bled so much, was ridiculous.
Today, I managed to get PVA glue into a cut on another finger (which I got biting my nails too much). Seem to have gotten it all out, but my god it hurt!
Next time: Probably some other injury, and photo's hopefully, but progress is going well, it's actually starting to look like a Delphox now anyway. Need to attach the ears though.
We're making a start! (Posted 17th January 2014)
After lugging a heap ton of upholstery foam across my town center to the workshop I'm building at (which was awful, never again -.-), I finally made a start on the head today (forgot to take pictures though). So far I've just assembled the pieces, cut the head hole and made a start at making it round, which is proving to be a lot harder than I thought. Still, I'll keep at it, I'm determined not to give up on this. It just might now look as good as I imagined it to be in my head -_-'