|blue contact lenses||Low||Complete|
|build inner stilt for striker unit||Low||Complete|
|install lightup propeller in striker unit||Low||Planned|
|outsside of striker unit||Low||Planned|
|Expanding foam x4 cans||£20.00||Bought|
|silver spray paint||£6.50||Bought|
|pvc pipe for gun||£1.29||Bought|
|EL wire kit and sequencer||£39.99||Bought|
|Green wool suiting fabric||£29.99||Bought|
|White Bikini bottoms||£1.00||Bought|
|luxury white/cream fur||£0.00||Bought|
|light up fans, battery operated x 2||£8.00||Bought|
|Air force pin||£9.99||Bought|
|Duct tape x1 roll||£5.00||Bought|
|Green Silk or Satin for Tie||£0.00||To Buy|
|Cream Cotton||£0.00||To Buy|
|fibre glass kit||£0.00||To Buy|
|blue contact lenses||£0.00||To Buy|
Striker unit step 3 (Posted 16th October 2014)
This has been a real trial and error but pleased with how it turned out. Originally we covered the legs with some thermoplastic sheets, they were really difficult to shape around the legs and once we have them attached the legs weighed too much! it would have been far to difficult to perform in with them being this new weight.
We next decided to install our EL wire, we made some compartments inside the top of the S.U for the battery packs and then ran the wires down the inside of the S.U. we then measured and poke them out and supported them with some bendy coated wire so that they will stay out, we decided to keep them flexible so that it wont trip us if they catch when walking.
Now it is time to add all the extra blocks and pieces to our S.U.'s! We cut the wings out of MDF and slotted them into the from of the S.U. under the craft foam.
To make the other boxes we carved them out of blocks of polystyrene using a hot wire cutter. for the rounded blocks at the back of the S.U. we covered them is plaster mod-roc to give them a smoother surface. We cover the other blocks in craft foam.
We then glued all the pieces to our S.U using impact glue.
Finally we painted the entire S.U's using about 6 layers of PVA glue.
Striker unit step 2 (Posted 15th October 2014)
Striker units (Posted 14th October 2014)
Building the striker units has been a difficult and emotional cosplay journey....
We started by using some massive foam pipe which we slit down the back, wrapped around our legs and then used a piece of fabric and a lot of duct tape to create the base of the striker units.
New ears and Tail (Posted 12th October 2014)
1. I made the ears by first cutting out the shape i wanted with craft foam.
1. I started with a piece of foam which is used for insulating pipes. I cut slits into where i needed it to bend slightly.
Tie progress (Posted 11th October 2014)
Fabric used: Green polydrill
The tie was quite easy to make as i have made them before, only challenge was that i wanted it to be a clip on tie instead of a normal one.
Jacket progress (Posted 10th October 2014)
Fabric used: 100% Italian wool suiting (olive green)
This jacket has been a challenge but i have enjoyed making it. I carefully researched what kind of fabric to use as i wanted to use something that may have been used in world war two. The British army jackets were always made from 100% wool.
Shirt (Posted 9th October 2014)
Fabric used: Japanese silk (Ivory)
I have never made a shirt/blouse before so this was a challenge, i do not own a sewing pattern for a shirt so i had to make it up as i went along.
Misson complete!! and i am very happy with the result!
back on track for WCS (Posted 9th October 2014)
ok so we are back on track for WCS 2014, although i have not updated my CI journal lots of progress has been made over the last couple of months
bunny ears (Posted 13th August 2014)
I HATE these ears, so im going to remake them, i dont like how pointy they are at the top, i also do not like the fur i used and they are too heavy! I made them using a wire frame, the covering it in a bit of worbla to make it stronger. I then added fur and a piece of pink fleece which i then painted with latex.
Jacket progress (Posted 13th August 2014)
Soooo i ran out of my cotton, its ok though good progress, looks like a jacket now. I just need to add all the details, pockets, lapels and gold ribbon. then hem it all and add a hook and eye to fasten it.
Jacket Lining (Posted 13th August 2014)
i have begun to line the jacket, im not going to hem it until i have added the pockets now but im pretty please with it, i used a green polyester liner.
army jacket (Posted 13th August 2014)
Its pretty difficult to make a proper suit jacket, I bought some lovely olive green Italian wool to use. I did buy a ladies suit jacket sewing pattern but have had to completely modify it to make it more like Charlotte's. I have had to extend the length and change the shape at the front, i will also need to add pockets and lapels.
new goal (Posted 13th August 2014)
still working on these with a new goal to enter them into the world cosplay summit in November, I think i have now mastered how to do the striker units so going for it!!
hyper Japan (Posted 10th July 2014)
as we already have wigs and materials for these cosplays we have decided to make the cosplays minus the striker units for hyper japan. :)
Fans (Posted 3rd June 2014)
After racking my brains for several months I have finally thought of a way to make the strike unit, so this Cosplay is back on track :)
Air Force pin (Posted 2nd October 2013)
My pin arrived from America today! It's an Air Force pin, I chose it because it looks very similar to Shirley's pin on her uniform. I might edit it a bit
The Striker Unit (Posted 16th September 2013)
i have started planning how to make the striker unit, its not going to be easy, i hink we will start by making duct tape dummys of our legs.
wig found (Posted 16th September 2013)
wig found on ebay, not bought yet, but most likely the one i will get, looks like the correct lenght and colour. :)