|Massive biceps = Cammy cosplay!|
EDIT: OK, could still do with losing a bit more weight, and I'm going to put lacing in the gauntlets instead of poppers, but I'm pretty happy with them otherwise and they smell so delish ^_^
|Paint or glue leather to armguard bases||High||Complete|
|Make armguard bases||High||Complete|
|Add final poppers to armguards||High||Complete|
|BE LESS FAT||High||In Progress|
|Retrieve red beret from hiding place in bombsite that is our bedroom||Medium||Complete|
|Paint camo designs on tights (when they arrive)||Medium||Complete|
|Front strand of wig||Low||Complete|
Upgrades (Posted 21st May 2012)
There's a Street Fighter x Tekken group at Expo this Sunday, so by request I am bringing Cammy out again. However I have made (and am still making) improvements to it.
First up, I've finally converted the leotard to a proper thong instead of half-assing it (pun intended). I'll be self-conscious but accurate. I may wear two pairs of tights just to be safe.
Second, new tights. The old ones got a run in them, and I was never totally happy with the camo anyway. I've gone for a much streakier look, taking SFIV as my inspiration. I'm much happier with it, it's still not perfect but I think it looks much more like it would in real life.
Third, new wig. The old wig was not good quality, had a crappy fringe I always had to hide under the beret, and was a bit too platinum for my taste. The new wig is a darker blonde - it's darker than I really wanted, but choice in that length was VERY limited. It's quite a nice natural colour though and camera flash should lighten it up a bit. The pigtails are much smoother as it's far better quality, and the front streak should look better too. If I get time I'll add some clips in so I can do good poses without worrying about it falling off.
Fourth, scar. Previously I've just painted the scar on with acrylics, which was fine for a cartoony sort of look, but I want something a bit more natural. I've bought some rigid collodion, which is a theatrical scarring liquid that pinches the skin to look like scar tissue.
Depending on how much time I have, I will also attempt to improve the leotard badge, make the beret badge, and make the boot toppers.
You have failed me for the last time! (Posted 27th May 2010)
Actually, the first.
For the first time ever, Bostik All-purpose has not fulfilled its function with perfection ;_; Most of it's OK, but the lowest layer of leather, the one with the most stress put one it when curved around my arm, is unsticking itself. It needs reinforcing stitches, which is a bit awkward. Still, better to find this out now than to wear it and have everything fall apart.
Tights (Posted 26th May 2010)
For reference, the dance tights I'm using are from the brand Capezio, in "nude". They're a little paler than skin, but all the other colours I found were either too brown or too pink.
Last night I put them on and got my long-suffering boyfriend to paint on the camo designs - not really something I could do myself. We used acrylic paint, and surprisingly the tights were thick enough that barely any of it seeped through to my legs. The designs are VERY green right now, so I may fade them down a bit with some face powder - I was expecting the paint to seep through more and leave a more "transparent" look.
They look thoroughly bizarre when not being worn, because the paint keeps those areas stretched out a bit, whereas the rest of the tights shrink back down.
The last things to do are the minor accessories and finishing off the armguards, which just means sewing on more poppers - something for tomorrow's lunch break, methinks. I'm not sure yet if I can be bothered to actually alter the leotard to be thong-backed - at the moment I'm just giving myself a wedgie with it to make it look thongy, and to be honest that looks fine and means I have more to shift around to make sure the tights seam is covered. If I do alter it it will be a last-minute decision.
That's better. (Posted 20th May 2010)
The THIRD pair of dance tights I ordered are finally decent - neither glossy nor pink, but something that actually vaguely resembles skin. My legs aren't in amazing shape, nor do I wish to have to bother painting them in the morning, so dance tights were easily the best option - I just wish I didn't have to try three times to get the right ones.
Tried them on with the leotard and some shaping underwear last night, and it doesn't look as awful as I was worried it would. I won't be a cute Cammy, but I will at least look like I'm capable of beating somebody up!
The armguards are in progress. They're made from plastazote covered in the rest of the red leather I bought for my I-no costume, as I thought red leather would be appropriate. It does mean I'm having to sew up a pair of fingerless gloves in leather, which is not much fun, but I'm almost done. I need to finish the second glove and then glue it all together, as well as work out how to fasten the armguards as they'll be a bit too tight to simply slip on. That'll be the main parts of the costume finished :)