Journal retrospective (Posted 4th November 2013)
Really haven't bean using the journal to its full potential, so am posting a bunch of retrospective posts to show the proses I went throw. Plan to keep up to date in the future
First the hand and arms :)
Using 2mm eva and a hot glue gun I made the fingers, 3 sections for each. The back of the hand is much softer 6mm eva (camping mat density). The studs are cut down upholstery tacks.
I then tapped the whole thing together using double sided Sellotape I found I had to cut down many of the finger pieces to allow for ease of movement. I then removed them and sealed with PVA glue and sprayed using automotive paint. The ageing was done using black acrylic paint.
Finally the whole thing was assembled onto a gardening glove using a hot glue gun, thanks to a suggestion by madmazda86 I also added exposed wiring made from coloured EVA in to the gap between the back of the hand and fingers