|The enigmatic dictator of Shadaloo. One of the most bad ass bad guys ever.|
Also, he beheld Satan as he fell from the Heavens. Like Lightning. And, yes, yes thought it was delicious.
UPDATE: Version Beta complete for Ayacon. Upgrades to come for Eurogamer 2013
UPDATE 2: V 1.1 worn at Eurogamer. Much better than the original, but I will now be retiring it to create a V 2 with all the lessons I learned from making and wearing this
Lessons (Posted 22nd August 2013)
So its taken a while, but the first picture of my costume has filtered through, and immediately spotting problems. Know there's a few more coming, and hopefully one of myself with Oni Akuma and Evil Ryu which is probably going to be awesome.
I've been thinking about the cosplay a lot over the past few days - I kept telling myself that this was a prototype, a proof of concept, whatever, that I could make something resembling an M. Bison cosplay. I very much think I did, and I learnt some valuable lessons along the way.
So the positives of this experience:
- The jacket came out very well I think, especially as the second ever item of clothing I have ever sewed together (the first being the trousers for this costume). Learned the importance of pinning, properly measuring, and even just basic sewing skills
- Worbla is nice and easy to shape and paint
- Bias binding hides my awful hemming skills
Things I need to improve
- The trousers were a bit of a disaster, one leg was sewed inside out so they didn't fit well at all. Worked well enough for the cosplay, but definite room for improvement. Remaking these ASAP
- Armour construction shouldn't be rushed, and worbla may not have been the best material for this job. Will definitely remake the armour pieces for next year
- Affixing armour to fabric is hard. Also, making sure it stays in position is harder
- Need to repaint and remake the belt, but that's the most minor issue
Going to fix it up a bit for Eurogamer Expo (and maybe MCM or LFCC), and then look at what needs completely redoing for cons next year.
Sewing Complete (Posted 12th August 2013)
Over the weekend, I did all the sewing for the costume. Doing the trim and the zip down the middle was a nightmare, but I'm pleased with the results. Unfortunately, I was about 5 cm short on bias binding, so there's currently a bit around the back with no trim. Will get some more to finish it off when I get other bits
Shin Bison (Posted 1st August 2013)
After four years I'm finally getting to the rest of the cosplay. I've ordered some worbla to make the armour with. First time having a go with that. Need to get some fabric now, borrow a sewing machine, and channel my Psycho Power
Emblem Working (Posted 13th April 2009)
Stage 1: Remove Skull from Belt - DONE
Ok so I got the belt buckle. On further examination, the winged skull bit was attached onto the buckle, and not part of the metal. With a little drilling, it popped right off.
Tried to etch lightning bolt (which can be just about seen in picture) but didn't go so well, so painted it on with Citadel Miniatures 'Snakebite Leather' model paint.
Hat (Posted 1st April 2009)
Bought a Belt Buckle of a winged skull. Will spray paint and etch in lightning bolt.
Looking at a hat on eBay, will buy when I can afford it.
EDIT: Hat is done. Emblem affixed. Yes.
First post *trolls own page* (Posted 30th March 2009)
Ok so after a little more research, I can see that Bisons boots are just knee high black boots with silver armour. So silver shin and knee pads it is.
Now if only I could figure out how to fly across the room while aflame.