|I luckily had almost all the fabric for this so can start making it soon!|
Wearing this on the Friday night of Kita with a (full?) Arabian group. So far I know we have:
Nagisa (not sure who, possibly Jewels or Patrizia?)
|white waist sash||Low||Complete|
|blue waist sash||Low||In Progress|
|gold belt||Low||In Progress|
|sword belt and rope||Low||Planned|
more progress :O (Posted 26th November 2013)
had a good root out through my fabric bags and found out I already had the perfect fabric for the blue and white waist sashes so will sew them together soon! Possibly have some gold for the waist belt too but undecided yet whether to go with a fabric look or a metallic look so may wait and buy some better fabric.
more progress (Posted 24th November 2013)
Made the shawl today from a long strip of fabric - it's lovely soft stuff but kinda awkward to sew with. Not much left I can really do for now on this costume as I've run out of materials bar the turban fabric and can't afford more until January so this will be put on hold until then. May try and make the turban beforehand if I can figure out how to make it accurately :P Not a lot left to do on this costume though now, mostly just accessories!
Harem pants finished (Posted 15th November 2013)
Took me about 4 hours in total - not too bad to say I messed up a bit. My own fault really as I adjusted the actual pattern to make them more rounded but did it the wrong way - luckily was able to readjust that easily when sewing. Haru's harem pants are quite rounded compared to some of the other ones so I tried to replicate this. Gonna aim to get the shawl done next week and possibly the turban if I have enough of the correct fabric - I can't do much more on this costume for now until I get finances in Janurary to buy the last bits of fabric to finish.
Under top finished (Posted 11th November 2013)
Sewed on the trim today and also added in a lacing detail to the sides so I can adjust it when wearing - it isn't completely accurate but will mostly be covered by the shawl anyway.
top start (Posted 2nd November 2013)
Tried out a new technique today on the top as I want it to look fairly close fitted at the front but not have any visible fastenings - I wasn't sure a zip at the back would put it quite as close as I wanted it to so tried out shirring. Messed up a few times before I realised having both lining and the fabric was too thick for the elastic and after that it worked fine. Gonna try and sew the top fully together tomorrow so all I have left is the decorative ribbon to attach.
The start (Posted 14th October 2013)
Have most of the base fabric for this so gonna start putting it together next week - gonna make the crop top first I think with some leftover false suede I have from another costume. Really nice material so hoping it will look good and found some gold trim to add on too.