|Cost :||Don't even ask|
|Awards :||Norse God of Cosplay Ayacon 2013|
|Time Taken :||10 months|
|Yay I finally worked out my login details for here!|
Been working steadily on this since October 2012. It's been very on and off progress due to a lot of illness and the fact that I'm stupid in my fabric choices.
My very first crossplay, I'm a little nervous about pulling it off alright but I just can't resist this costume! I'm a major Hiddles fan but also absolutely love Alexandra Byrne's work! I'm so excited about wearing this and derping around with other Marvel cosplayers!
Complete but not finished. (Posted 20th August 2013)
Ayacon was awesome! I completely fluffed the masquerade thanks to nerves but very pleased with my award! Also had major fun in the Cosplay Chess and met so many lovely new people!
Going to re-wear him next year after some improvements and some more armour! I'm going to spend the rest of the year fixing my list of tweaks I want to make to this, then start the full armour set in the new year.
Currently my list of improvements are the following:
On top of that I'll be making the upper arm, rib and shoulder armour, cape and helmet. The cape will have to match the lining but will be wool rather than cotton. I've actually designed this costume with the full armour in mind so it will be completely interchangeable in a matter of seconds. I'll also be making the helmet similar to the movie construction with hopefully strong magnets to hold it together.
I'll also be working on my performance, I know I'll do better on a stage I'm more familiar with so I'm going to aim to get everything done for May Expo. Got plans already, just need to build some stage props and practise to make sure the timing is right!
Final few bits! (Posted 10th August 2013)
Oh my god I can't believe this is almost done!
Remaining now is:
Then it's done!
Little bits (Posted 6th August 2013)
Just small bits today really. Fitted the leather strap for the vambraces and attached all the belt armour to the belt.
Annoyingly ran out of paint so had to get yet more.
armour plating (Posted 5th August 2013)
This weekend proved to be highly productive. I've now finished the vambraces, tunic and trousers fully. Once everything was aged all the plates were added yesterday.
Painting! (Posted 4th August 2013)
Vambraces are now done and just drying from varnish.
Progress so far... (Posted 30th July 2013)
So seeing as I've been working on this for a while just thought I'd do a bit of a list of what's done and what's not
So far completed is the coat and boots. They're completely ready to wear now with no further work needed.
Trousers and tunic - need plate armour painted and attached.
Essentially everything needs to be painted for it to be done!