|Time Taken :||2 weeks|
|This costume was a joint effort with my friend Jo who attended as Hanji. She created the jacket herself from a cutting pattern which she altered. She also created the straps made from pleather and elastic which she pinned to me to get the correct fit. We ran out of time so the back plates are missing.|
I brought the jeans and borrowed the boots and shirt.
I created all the 3D gear from cardboard. The gas canisters are plastic bottles. I spray painted it silver and added black paint for detailing. The swords are made from plastic covered foamboard.
The patches are made from felt pieces which I must have spent about a day cutting!
The hardest part of the costume was actually working out how to attach the gear to us. Eventually we did it by tying it to loose strap ends from the harness. The gear held up surprisingly well throughout the day but some bits did break (glue gun to the rescue!) Also its pretty hard to sit down in so having a rest/ going the toilet proved a challenge!