|Bringing this back on to my planned list as I do have all the fabrics in stock. |
I have challenged myself to make this without spending any money and only use what I have in stock. Lets see if that is possible.
This has now been put on hold until later in the year.
Gold Trim test. (Posted 14th June 2013)
First Challenge in the little/no budget costume.
MISSION - TO CREATE GOLD TRIM SO I DON'T HAVE TO BUY ANY.
I checked my trims supplies for a gold bias trim and realised that I had none in stock that would be suitable. Rather than buy any I decided to see if I could alter some instead. I used some black satin bias trim which I then hand fabric painted to gold. I wanted more of an antique look as I needed it to look battle worn so I dry brushed it. This has been done on a sample of the fabric I'll be using it on, deep red cotton dress velvet.
This is for Sister Paula - Trinity Blood (artbook).
TODAY'S EXPERIMENT,,,,, SUCCESS!