Ninodog
 


Costume :Gloyd Orangeboar
Source :wreck it ralf
Progress :Complete
Worn At :AyaCon 2013


Costume Photos

Candlehead

sparkly pumpkin

 


Costume Information

General
Cost : £50
Time Taken : 1 week

Description
The cute little candy corn racer.
It'll officially be for ayacon but I tried a test run at expo in May.

Comments

Avatar Image

That's fantastic, sad I missed it!

by Amy-Lou on Monday, 27 May, 2013 - 22:59
Avatar Image

So fucking cute.

by KhaosKreator on Saturday, 1 June, 2013 - 20:28

Pumpkintastic! :D

by madmazda86 on Saturday, 15 June, 2013 - 16:06
Avatar Image

Looks brilliant! I love the Sugar Rush racers. And you've done a great job here :)

by PandoraCaitiff on Thursday, 24 July, 2014 - 12:14
 

Journal

Pumpkin 6 (Posted 23rd May 2013)

The hat was then given a coat of pva glue. This was in the hope that it would stop the pvc from breaking down in time. It also allows the generous sprinkling of glitter to adhere to the surface.
I gave it at least 3 coats of pva, sprinkling glitter each time as well.
The glue dries clear nd also lets me use fixative spray on the pvc to further fix the glitter!

pumpkin 5 (Posted 23rd May 2013)

To stick the segments to the base, started off with an uncovered camping mat piece and stuck down the bottom edge. Then glued the tip of the pvc to the tip of the camping mat segment and then glued the segment down.
Then the allowance on the pvc was glued down, pressing it up against the edges and curves of the camping mat segment.
Then left the next segment of the base hat clear and did the same routine with the next segment.
This meant that there's a space clear for gluing one of the pre-covered segments
in. This also means that the cardboard base hat doesn't show through the gaps between the segments of camping mat.

Pumpkin 4 (Posted 23rd May 2013)

So to cover the pumpkin with soft segments I cut out the segemnt shapes from camping mat, then cut out the same shape in orange pvc with some allowance on the two long edges and a lot of allowance on the end edge.
Then wrapped the pvc around the camping mat holding it in place with hot glue.
This was done on 6 of the pieces.

pumpkin 3 (Posted 22nd May 2013)

Completed pumpkin base. I rolled a bit of corrugated card up and then glued some green craft foam around it.
The roll was then hot glued to the top of the pumpkin base!

pumpkin 2 (Posted 22nd May 2013)

Could have done with another 3 sets of hands to tape the 12 segments together

Clever maths to make a pumpkin (Posted 21st May 2013)

So the hat was made of segments!
Measured around my head and using pi managed to create the right shapes for the segments
Then cut out 12 such shapes from a 2-ply thickness corrugated card

I has a complete jacket (Posted 19th May 2013)

Orange Satin lined with Red Satin, the brown stripes were the back of some rough brown suedette.
Tshirt transfer was a print-out on transfer sheet and then ironed on.