|Awards :||Best Group (with Dani as Queen Regina) at Birmingham Memorabilia 2013!|
|Time Taken :||About a month, on-off since June.|
|This gorgeous feat of engineering was scheduled to be worn to Manchester Expo with my beloved cosplay partner Dani as Regina, but I had to drop out due to illness D: SUCKS. So, we’re hoping to wear these to Birmingham Memorabilia in November, where head-to-toe pleather will be far more weather-appropriate, and we’ll hopefully also be competing in the masquerade!|
* Hair – As black as night, obvs, in loose waves almost down to her waist. Pulled back from the forehead with two French braids, with lace and ribbon plaited in through the strands.
* Make-Up – Natural base, with fairly heavy, dark-ish eyebrows, as mine are quite fair. Reddish-pink lip stain and slightly winged eyeliner, probably with false eyelashes.
* Tops – White leather riding jacket, every edge trimmed in complimenting binding, with high collar and shaped neckline, sleeves laced on with beige suede cord and decorated all over with a raised diamond pattern and hundreds of crystals in the centre of each. Undershirt is just apparent, a cream v-shape at the bust that is slightly gathered at the top, and in Merida-style puffs at the shoulders and elbows. Jacket fastens invisibly down the front - Hooks-and-eyes or snaps? - And has a peplum from the waist, of eight individual flaps that shape around the hips.
* Bottoms – Tight, faun-coloured suede leggings, which look to be high-waisted and tuck into the boots beyond the knees. From beneath the jacket, a frontless 'skirt' drapes, constructed from four separate panels of a slightly darker leather.
* Footwear – Brown leather boots with some sort of leather strap/metal ring detail at the ankle and a zip fastening down the inside. They hit the knee pretty much flat on, rather than over, and are absolute bitches to track down.
* Accessories – Wide-waist belt, in a slightly patterned and complimenting fabric, trimmed with the same binding, and featuring a large, decorative rectangular silver buckle at the front. White leather gloves which tuck inside the jacket sleeves. Diamond stud earrings and matching necklace, with a small silver thing in the centre. There are literally no hires photos anywhere. Almost definitely a poisoned apple.
|Mock-up jacket design.||High||In Progress|
|Construct leather skirt.||Medium||Planned|
|Make continuous binding.||Low||Planned|
|Brown suede leggings.||£2.75||Bought|
|Natural black lacefront wig - Already owned.||£0.00||Bought|
|White pleather for jacket - One-and-a-half metres.||£9.00||Bought|
|Lace and ribbon for hair braid - Two metres.||£1.50||Bought|
|Snaps to fasten jacket.||£2.00||Bought|
|Magnetic diamond stud earrings.||£0.99||Bought|
|Belt for leather skirt.||£1.11||Bought|
|Crystals for jacket.||£5.40||Bought|
|Cream fabric for undershirt - Half-a-metre.||£3.00||Bought|
|Cream suede thong - Four metres.||£1.66||Bought|
|Cream leather gloves.||£11.49||Bought|
|Silver eyelets and tool.||£4.22||Bought|
|Cream pleather to make binding - Half-a-metre.||£2.50||Bought|
|Belt fabric - Twenty centimetres.||£2.00||Bought|
|Beige pleather for skirt - One metre.||£5.99||Bought|
|Brown leather boots.||£12.96||Bought|
Supplies! (Posted 21st August 2013)
Anti-clockwise from top left: