|Cost :||Approx £100|
|Awards :||1st Place Cosplay Contest at the Japanese Art Festival 28/02/2009|
|Time Taken :||Over 100hours|
Japanese Art Festival 2009
London May Expo 2010
Eurogamer Expo 2011
"Yuna's guardian, and an accomplished black mage. She's guarded two summoners before Yuna, and has learned much those pilgrimages. No one, not even Wakka, knows how she controls the puppets she uses as weapons."
About the Cosplay:
Made from faux leather and faux fur, the corset was a bought one which I covered in the same faux leather as the skirt and added on the grey strips, I handmade each belt and the buckles, the floral pattern I painstakingly hand painted on, I made the skirt and sleeves also hand made the jewelry and hair pieces. I bought the Moogle & Cactuar; I don't want to try to make plushies!
I chose Lulu as my first cosplay as she is my fav video game character design and I've wanted to cosplay her for years (just never got around to it!).
It wasn't going to be debuted until Kitacon but I wanted to enter the Cosplay Contest at the J.A.F and this is the only nearly finished cosplay I had so I finished just in time for the day =] and to my shock won first place =O!
This Lulu is retired! I have now completed my brand new costume and debuted it at Amecon 2012
|Re-make Hair pieces||Medium||Planned|
It now has a zip! xD (Posted 26th July 2011)
I was digging out all my old cosplays to see which ones to chuck out and I came across my old Lulu cosplay, needless to say I wasnt going to chuck it out the only problem being that it wasn't the most well constructed thing I've made (obv. as it was the first cosplay I made!). Anyway since i'm making a new Lulu cosplay I figured I'd do my original one some just as jaz it up so it's top notch, and after 13solid hours the skirt is perfect I altered all the belta and now they look more like belts than strips of fabric and the hang so much better, I added boning into it, it now has a zip so it's alot easier to get into, I also hand stiched all the floral pattern back on I'd originally used fabric glue and it was coming undone so spent 5hours doing it (teaches me to never use fabric glue... Not that Ive used it since anyway). I also touched up the paint job on the flowers as it had become worn away after I wore it to expo last year.
The modifications aren't finished yet there's stil major work to be done on the top half.
The reason for fixing it up and improving it is so I sell it on though I might get some photo's of it before I do part with it as this is still in my eyes my best cosplay.