|Cost :||£35 (not including the inlines)|
|Time Taken :||2 weeks|
|Black vinyl with red lining.|
Couldn't topstitch the lengthy and rather pointless lengthways sleeve zippers with my sewing machine so I hand stitched all that. The evil thing with this particular black vinyl (I used a stiffer variant with not stretch) is it's affinity to itself on the vinyl side. Trying to shift layers of the stuff to match up stitchlines was a nightmare. I wouldn't recommend the stuff to anyone!
Anyways the jacket was standard affair, aside from a few modifications such as the square notch in the back of the waistline and the split along the top lengths of the sleeve. Bias binding all the egdes tht required it was fun...as in more handsewing. The back motif was drawn on white vinyl using black sharpie and initially stuck on with several strategically plced bits of doublesided tape. Later, so as not to receive any permanent damage from the tape I pulled off the pieces of tape and sewed the motif in place.
Trousers were also pretty standard.
White T-shirt not too hard to find.
Blue fingerless gloves were quickly mocked up with blue stretch vinyl.
Finally t'was a question of getting used to the skates, which my housemate kindly let me borrow! Oh the hilarities!