khaleesi
 


Costume :Captain America
Variant :Fem version
Source :Avengers Assemble
Progress :Complete
Worn At :London Super Comic Convention 2013


Costume Photos

Photograph by Project Sagittarius

Photograph by Yosh The Fishhead

Taken by Matthew Dudley: http://www.facebook.com/MatthewDudleyPhotography for Sexy Cosplay Girls: ht

© licensed to London News Pictures. London, UK 24/02/2013. Photo credit: Tolga Akmen/LNP

ref

ref

ref

ref

ref

 


Costume Information

General
Time Taken : 3 and a half days sewing, 6 days on the shield (some days merged together)

Description
I had half term before the convention so I sewed harder and faster than ever before to get it done - biggest challenge of mine to date! :D rather proud. It's still got some work to do on it though!

Comments

Ooh, I saw you at LSCC. Meant to tell you then how great your outfit was, but luckily can still tell you now!

by Tallia3 on Wednesday, 27 February, 2013 - 22:37
Avatar Image

Brilliant costume :-)

by puzzledpenguin on Thursday, 28 February, 2013 - 01:01
Avatar Image

This looks amazing. I love the work on the shield. Great to see the progress of you putting it together. Would love to see this in person one day.

by Sephirayne on Thursday, 28 February, 2013 - 05:22
Avatar Image

Wonderful costume and I love the pictures ^^

by Afireinsidegirl on Thursday, 28 February, 2013 - 16:43
Avatar Image

Fantastic cosplay!

by Kacela on Thursday, 28 February, 2013 - 18:27
Avatar Image

Thanks everyone! :D <3

by khaleesi on Thursday, 28 February, 2013 - 21:01
Avatar Image

So awesome, I love it!

by ToroSonyCat on Friday, 1 March, 2013 - 21:41
Avatar Image

Thanks :D

by khaleesi on Monday, 4 March, 2013 - 21:28
Avatar Image

Wow! Amazingly great job. The shield is just terrific.

by Starbucks dad on Tuesday, 5 March, 2013 - 20:00
Avatar Image

Thank you ^_^ :D

by khaleesi on Monday, 11 March, 2013 - 01:08
 

Journal

Weathering the shield (Posted 27th February 2013)

I made it looked weathered and battle worn by painting on scratches, mud splatters and burns! :)

Painting the shield (Posted 27th February 2013)

Masking off and painting :)

The first cast! (Posted 27th February 2013)

(Left) I casted it in resin and fibreglass, I attached the handle and strap on the inside with resin and fibreglass as well. The edges were neatened off with a dremmel (I should have fibreglassed neater lol!)
(Right) A quick base coat of plastic primer before I painted it

Moulding the shield (Posted 27th February 2013)

After lots of sanding I finally moulded it. I did a silicone jacket mould - barely had any silicone or fibreglass though so it's not as strong as it should have been :( guna re-do it a bit soon!

Sanding the shield and putting the grooves in (Posted 27th February 2013)

I used a wash of watered down acrylic paint to see where the imperfections were. I fillered them and sanded it back again.
I used a small bit of sandpaper to make the grooves whilst it was spinning on the lathe. I made the grooves for the star when it was off the lathe.

Carving the shield (Posted 27th February 2013)

I used a lathe to spin my shield as I sanded it so that it was symmetrical.
I then covered it in carbody filler and sanded it smooth on the lathe. It didn't do it perfectly so I had to do some of this by hand.

Starting the shield (Posted 27th February 2013)

I cut a 24" circle out of wood, used expanding foam to glue two circles of styrofoam to it, and attached the piece for the lathe on the back.

Boots (Posted 27th February 2013)

Fake red leather trainers with wedge heel. Such a cool find (y)

(for the gloves I just used my red leather gloves)

The arm and shin guards (Posted 27th February 2013)

Plastazote and craft foam covered in fake leather. The silver bits are plastic sprayed silver.
I weathered them with ink :)

The trousers (Posted 27th February 2013)

Very proud of my trousers :) only had time to make one of the pockets real- and perfect size for my phone! :D wooooohoo!

(By the way - the bum shot. I HAD TO. I HAD TO!) hahaha :p

Sewing the bicep patches on (Posted 27th February 2013)

Sewing the patches on and the red and white belt/corset thing

The top half finished! (Posted 27th February 2013)

This was Kyle holding the star up to a half finished top! :p

The red and white belt was two pieces of fabric (both with ironed on vilene) and a piece of craft foam sewn in between them :)
The front panel on the chest had card behind it as well as vilene, just to stiffen it up!

The fabric (Posted 27th February 2013)

Heavy weft polyester - £3.99 a meter (y) I used lots of heavy vilene behind it to make it stiffer like kevlar

Making the belt (Posted 27th February 2013)

Making the belt! I made it the same as Cap's belt except with only four pockets and it fits around a woman's hips. For the buckle I just used a cheap plastic one sprayed silver.
Those pockets were so handy! :P

Painted star! (Posted 27th February 2013)

I gave it a coat of plastic primer before spraying it with silver carbody paint then clear lacquer

Moulding the star (Posted 27th February 2013)

I used silicone to mould my star and cast it in fast cast

Making the star (Posted 27th February 2013)

For the star I made a template/frame from cardboard, filled the gaps with carbody filler, sanded it back until it was smooth and then sprayed it with filler primer to make it extra smooth :p