|Awards :||1st place at Starfury T2, 1st at LFCC 2010, 1st at Manch expo 2011|
|Time Taken :||Two Weeks|
|when ever there's a new Tim Burton/Johnny Depp collaberation on the horizon I will always consider it.|
I have seen possible test and concept pic for Johnny Depp's role and I'm looking forward to making it
This is debuting at the World Prem of 'Alice In Wonderland' in London and then will be making its first appearance at London Film and Comic Con 2010.
|Complete Trousers||High||In Progress|
|Make Waistcoat Material||Medium||Planned|
|Start sourcing materials||Low||Complete|
|Keep an eye for any further reference pics||Low||Complete|
|Shorten Needles for Hat||Low||Planned|
|4 Mattress Neddles||£8.00||To Buy|
|Make-up Air Brush||£100.00||To Buy|
Hat remake (progress) (Posted 11th March 2012)
This is taking ages, Still hand embroidering on the brim. So hope its worth it
hat remake (Posted 7th February 2012)
After careful consideration I have decided 2 remake & alter my Hatter costume as I felt it
why did I do this LOL (Posted 7th February 2012)
Well...the remake has comenced.... oh boy!
Stage two (Posted 24th March 2010)
After running a 'stunt double' version of the costume at the Alice in Wonderland world Premiere, I was able to see how the costume would fair and would the make-up hold.
Still working on the trousers and Jacket. I have decided to costume make the material for the waistcoat as I did not like the paint job on the waiscoat I had done. Also for safety I have decided to shorten the needles going into the hat.
Also the wig needs work.... way toooo Bonkers,, could bearly get the hat on.
Finishing the Hat (Posted 23rd February 2010)
Now that the base was complete I needed to complete all the details to finally finish it.
I hand painted and made the scarf that goes around it.
I found some long frniture needles that worked well as hat pins. I added all the decorations to them by hand and painted them.
Finally finishing off with the hat card. This was made with craft foam which was painted in acrylic paint and varnished.
The hat (Posted 23rd February 2010)
The next task was the big one. I was dreading but also looking forward to this one as its one of the main focal points of the costume.
I was debating how to do this for a while. In the end settled on buying a fancy dress top hat that I could take apart and then work from the template.
Found the fabric but it was more expensive than I planned so I better not mess this one up.
I took apart the shop brought hat to create templates out of. Using a camper mat I made new pieces. I then matched the pieces in the fabric and hand sewed them together.
I'm pleased with the result.
Started. The tie ;) (Posted 23rd February 2010)
Finally started after taking some time to study and research the fabrics I needed.
I started first with the tie. I got a piece of satin from Sephirayne's fabric stock and hand painted on all the design using silk paints. It took some time but the effect worked really well.