|Cost :||I've lost count. But a lot I would imagine.|
|Time Taken :||20 hours spread over 2 years :P|
|Basically my first attempt at Tutu was awful so I had to remake it haha. Ahiru's my favourite character and is probably just as rubbish and clumsy as me. Also we're both a bit rubbish at ballet. So Tutu is the ballerina I would love to be :P|
My pointe shoes are at the ready!
Finito! (Posted 10th August 2010)
Picture without jewellery, wig, sleeves and all that jazz! Hey, I need to keep something for Ame :P
It was acceptable in the '80s (Posted 9th August 2010)
I think I should have been born in the '80s because I have a talent for making puffed sleeves toooo puffed. My tutu sleeves were a bit intense so I had to take it down a notch XD Although they looked awesome while it lasted.
Just need to attach the skirt to the bodice like I said I'd do last week XD And then that'll be me! :D Yay! Although I've still got a lot of starching to do on the tutu.
Upside down tutu (Posted 8th August 2010)
I've had my tutu sitting in my wardrobe since I last wore Tutu. I assume that because it was folded backwards it would maintain its poof but its not as stiff as it used to be sadly. So I hung it upside down and sprayed each layer with about half a tonne of starch :P I want to make sure it stays like that so I'll leave it up there till Thursday and spray it each day just to make sure!
I figure even if I starch it enough to turn it into a coffee table it will eventually go again so one day when I'm brave I may try and make it myself.
Also thought I'd include a photo of my bracelets and my pointe shoes which are a bit battered but still serve me well.
Wig (Posted 2nd August 2010)
Finished wig. The feathers don't look as full as I'd like them to when it's on but neeeever mind! And I probably made my crown a bit too big but I like it anyway.
The crown is foam, I cut slits up the sides and glued them together so it would curve in like Tutu's then I heated it up and bent it in a little more at the top before painting it gold.
The tuft (which I'm so glad I found enough wig hair for! I was worried the tuft could not be!!) is a foam base with mounting spray used to stick the hair on and a bit of hot glue in some places just to make sure no foam is showing through. Then I attacked it with hairspray and a little mounting spray over the top so nothing would move.
The feathers on ribbon were found on ebay and I just stitched everything onto the wig!
Bit of a crappy photo but I couldn't be bothered putting it on and I didn't have a wig head to hand.
Bodice and Skirt (Posted 31st July 2010)
I think I just spent most of my day overlocking...
This is a bit of a crap picture. The bodice dips down quite far at the back (but not as far as Tutu&#039;s I&#039;m not insane and I like there being a low chance of my boobs falling it :P). I had to get uuuber stiff boning (*snigger*) to get it to stay up at the front which means it doesn&#039;t curve it but that&#039;s where the magic of carpet tape comes in.
Just need to attach the skirt then that&#039;s me. After that It&#039;s just the sleeves, putting the crown on the wig and getting elastic for the bracelets. WOO! Also need to buy dance tights because all my old ones are ridiculously dirty, have ladders or are too small.
Also, a bit of bad news for those who adored my wig tuft from my Ahiru costume...I&#039;m afraid I accidentally threw out the wig hair I kept to put on the tuft :( So no tuft this time. I might have a look round ebay and see if I can find extensions of a similar colour to my wig.
Also obviously the tutu&#039;s not on here. It&#039;s a bit of a tight squeeze to be honest XD It&#039;s the same as the one for my old costume and I forgot that in the 4 years since I wore that I developed hips.
OH HOLY CRAP SHE'S ACTUALLY MAKING THE COSTUME!! (Posted 16th July 2010)
YEAH SHE IS. I know. I've had this on here for a million years but I have made PROGRESS.
1. I have a tutu because I'm far too lazy to make one. One day I may try.
2. I have sewn some of the bodice
3. I have done my wings and weird blue deelies. The wings are just a wire frame with tights pulled over. For some reason I decided to paint sparkly swirls on them because tutu makes me think of sparkles. I know they're supposed to be duck wings but I don't care, they're sparkly duck wings now. And the blue deelies are just made of blue rope with a wee bit of wire through the top to make them stick up a bit and curled up at the ends. I was trying to think of the best way to attach them to the tutu without them falling over (like my old wings which were rubbish) and came to the conclusion the best way would be to tuck them into the tutu so I left a gap between the bodice and skirt which they slot into.
4. I found my necklace which is justboring old fimo clay with plastic wings and ribbon through it. Need to file the wings a bit. I've also started on the bracelets which are just fimo clay beads through elastic and painted gold.
5. I bought the wig from ebay...I think...it was a long time ago. It was much longer and I cut it. The feathers in her hair are something I've always struggled with because I've seen normal feathers and a feather boa used and it didn't work too well but I found these really nice soft feathers on ribbon on ebay. They were a bit expensive but work really well! I just need to sew them on and make my crown!
So there you go, I'm not dead and I've done some work on this costume. I have my pointe shoes at the ready and I just need to buy new tights and do a lot of sewing!