|Cost :||About £30-40|
|Awards :||"Most Amazeballs Performance" at MCM Comic con May 2013|
|Time Taken :||About a week in total|
|EDIT2: 26/5/13 Debuted LSP at Expo! Unfortunately didn't get many photos in her as the shoes were deadly ;___; but we did a skit at the Sunday masquerade and won "Most Amazeballs Performance"!!! Well chuffed XD|
EDIT: 20/5/13 Putting as complete! I will obtain different shoes for Ayacon when I rewear LSP for an AT group, but as I have the shoes I'm wearing for Expo now it's still technically complete XD
Having watched all of Adventure Time so far, I've had the urge to cosplay from it, and since I need a simple cosplay for May Expo after a few plan cutbacks, LSP seemed like the PERFECT IDEA.
OH MY GLOB
HOW I MADE SHIZZ:
This was pretty much just a bought and assembled costume - I saw the dress on Ebay and though it was perfect! Only, when it arrived it didn't fit me. ;3; but, I didn't want to let it go to waste, so I looked up tutorials on how to make a corset lace back to the dress rather than the zip at the side! After I learnt the trick, it was a case of taking out the zip at the side, sewing shut that seam, then cutting a line down the back for the corset backing to go. Then I bought some lilac "countess satin" which was good but felt a bit on the cheapish side! Plus frayed horribly but that's satin for you =__=
I made a back panel in a kinda trapezoid shape, widest bit at the top, so it wouldn't be too bulky at the bottom where I needed the least space. Then I made loops out of the satin (this was annoying as when I trimmed it it ended up coming apart at the seams a couple of places, OTL) and then tidied up the dress layers to sew them down. Then after hand sewing the back panel (to hide any other seams on the back) I bought some lilac ribbon, and used that to tie the back up. It works wonders!! Really glad I came up with the idea :)
The leggings are bought, and the shoes are borrowed from my friend Fi (CrystalNeko, they are the hooker shoes we affectionately call them) and the gold star was made from craft foam, which was then smothered in PVA and glitter and then a hair grip is glued to the back so it can be attached and detached!
The wig gave me the most in terms of searching, as it was hard to find the best wig in a nice colour and style. I wanted a beehive wig but just couldn't justify the massive price tag =__= so I searched for alternatives, and found a lilac curly lolita wig that came with 2 curly ponytails. With a bit of thinking, I attached the ponytails right at the top of the wig, so it looks like I have a top bump! It's not the most perfect solution but it's my twist on things so it feels unique to me :)
|shoes (completed for now)||Medium||Complete|
Last minute cosplay props because reasons (Posted 11th August 2013)
One thing I wanted to make for expo was the BEAAANNNSSSS
sine I lacked the time and funds before, I wasn't able to, but I can now for Ayacon and future shoots!
Expo and improvements for Ayacon (Posted 27th May 2013)
LSP debuted at Expocomiccon, and ended up winning Best Performance with my Marshall Lee!!! wheee 8D highlight of my weekend right there!
In terms of other improvements, I plan to sew wig clips into the base wig, as during the day the ponytails pulled it back and by the time after the masquerade, I was constantly yanking it back forward again and again. Wig clips will help, yes.
Everything else seemed to work alright. The dress was fabulous and the leggings worked well despite trying to ride down a lot OTL and the jewellery worked fine. I have been thinking about adding beads or sequins to the base dress, but it's not essential I don't think. I don't want to go overboard with sparkles, even if it IS LSP we're talking about here.
OK RAMBLE OVER
Wiggu! (Posted 17th April 2013)
After hunting for the perfect wig, I managed to find one on the website of Cosplay Buzz. They do have an eBay store (wig-fashion which I know is well recommended) but it worked out cheaper getting it from their American website than on eBay! Of course, it came from China either way XD
It is a lolita wig, the base wig is long and curly and it has two curly ponytails (similar to a Miku wig) which as you can see I have attached to my wig to create a kind of beehive effect. I really like it :) the fringe will need a trim however!
Next job is making the star, then getting stuck into modifying the dress!
Base dress (Posted 17th April 2013)
I should probably put this up too XD base dress I won off eBay, it doesn't fit me at the top (curse my lumps) but I plan to take out the zip down the side, sew that up, then cut a line down the back and sew in a corset laced back using countess satin in a nice lilac colour :)
Colours not accurate due to my iPad camera being not very amazing. Buuuuu