|Awards :||Judges' Award in Sunday masquerade!|
|Time Taken :||Two weeks.|
|Bellatrix Lestrange was technically my first ever cosplay - For the opening of Deathly Hallows: Part Two at my local cinema, way back when. I've always wanted to re-make her costume, and now I have the chance. Going with OotP costume at the moment, but may switch to DH battle gear.|
To be worn on Sunday of Birmingham Expo, with a Narcissa!
* Hair - Somewhere between dark brown and black curls, absolutely crazy. Changes style from OotP, but I much prefer the later look.
* Make-Up - Deathly pale, unhealthy skin, with dark circles around the eyes and reddish lips. Dark Mark on the inside left forearm and Azkaban prison tattoo on left side of neck. Horribly yellow, ripped and pointed nails, teeth along the same lines.
* Tops - Ragged black dress with deep hood, stitched-on sleeves, both at the shoulders and up the inside, and black leather patchwork corset, with attached wand holster.
* Bottoms - Full skirt with very distressed and frayed hem, just off the floor, covered in white and grey swirls, with some embroidered on in silver.
* Footwear - High-heeled, black leather Victorian-style lace-up knee boots.
* Accessories - Bird skull necklace on black cord. Bird skull ring on fourth finger of left hand, with claw ring on thumb; human skull ring on first finger of right hand. Bird's talon wand in holster on left side of corset. Dagger from Malfoy Manor?
|Decide on wigs.||High||Complete|
|Go fabric shopping.||High||Complete|
|Make mock-up dress.||High||Complete|
|Make corset - Easier said than done!||High||Complete|
|Combine dress pattern with hood pattern.||Medium||Complete|
|Paint and embroider dress.||Medium||Complete|
|Paint backs of nails.||Low||Complete|
|Decide on wand.||Low||Complete|
|Buy make-up and do test run.||Low||Complete|
|Noble Collection replica wand - Already owned.||£0.00||Bought|
|Curlers for wig styling.||£4.00||Bought|
|Black, lace-up boots.||£13.50||Bought|
|Silver metallic thread - 200m.||£2.24||Bought|
|White and grey paint.||£2.00||Bought|
|Eyelets and tool.||£1.64||Bought|
|Black pleather - Half-a-metre.||£2.75||Bought|
|Black suede cord - Already owned.||£0.00||Bought|
|Black dress fabric - Four metres.||£24.00||Bought|
|Dark Mark transfer.||£1.59||Bought|
|Claw thumb ring.||£1.07||Bought|
|Bird skull ring - Already owned.||£0.00||Bought|
|Bird skull necklace - Already owned.||£0.00||Bought|
|Corset lacing cord - Thirteen metres.||£2.50||Bought|
Dress progress! (Posted 23rd February 2013)
Mock-up of Bella's skirt in hideous costume satin? Don't mind if I do! Approx. 3.5 metres of scraps in there, which makes it gloriously full. I haven't cut the waist yet which is why it looks all lop-sided, but I'm fairly convinced this is all going well - So far... Hoping to make a lot of progress this weekend!
Claw ring. (Posted 14th February 2013)
Just arrived! The image on the far left is literally the only reference I had to work from, but I think I matched it quite closely. It's a little big, but this goes on the left thumb :)
Death by false nails. (Posted 12th February 2013)
What began as £1 manicured nails from Primark have become a deliciously vile extra! I didn’t manage to take any progress photos, but these are just layers and layers of acrylic paint, with the back of the nail bed coloured in with black Sharpie to make it a little more 3D, then sliced into with scissors. Probably going to claw my own eyes out.
These boots were made for walking~ (Posted 30th January 2013)
Boots arrived today - Definitely not as shiny as the flash makes them look! Snagged off eBay surprisingly cheaply, for hardly-worn, real leather Clarks boots, the accurate length and everything. I never wear heels, so they might take some getting used to, but they're so comfortable! I initially wasn't too keen on the tassels, but Bella's outfit is a mess of fraying and lacing, so I've definitely warmed to them.