Dress progress (Posted 18th July 2013)
The skirt has been made. I went with a circle skirt in 4 parts to give enough volume. The bodice is attached and tonight I finished adding the sleeves.
Kokoshnik/ tiara (Posted 19th April 2013)
Based on a traditional type of Russian headdress, the kokoshnik (more specifically the povyazka). Mine is flexible foam covered in the same material as the dress will be made of, with a row of pearls along the top. It’s very simple for a kokoshnik but looks similar to one a young Princess Anastasia was photographed wearing.
So now all the accessories for this costume are finished and I need to get to work on the dress itself.