|Time Taken :||4 months (on and off)|
|Worn at Manchester Expo 2013.|
I've been playing Resident Evil 6 with Andy and I kind of want to cosplay Sherry. I want to play it more and try to complete it on co-op mode before fully deciding on this. Andy will make an amazing Jake though as he actually looks like him... I on the other hand don't really look like Sherry but oh well ^_^' Story of my cosplay life! I've been wanting to do more video game cosplays though so I'm glad I can cosplay her, plus I want to cosplay more girls!
|Brown boots||High||In Progress|
|Turtle neck top||Medium||Complete|
|Black belt||Medium||In Progress|
|Arm belts x4||Medium||Planned|
|Buy contact lenses||Low||Complete|
|Jeans (Free £12.99)||£0.00||Bought|
|Thread (for coat)||£6.14||Bought|
|Thread (for scarf)||£0.34||Bought|
|Zip (for coat)||£2.90||Bought|
|Blue scarf material||£2.99||Bought|
Finished Jacket. (Posted 19th July 2013)
Very pleased with how this turned out. It's fits like a dream! I didn't end up adding the lining on the inside as it would be very hot for me to wear, especially in this current heatwave we are having.
Making the hood. (Posted 17th July 2013)
I used a pattern for this piece. It was two quarter circles then one rectangle. I also cut the same shapes in some black lining. I then sewed both the outer hood and lining together. I then sewed on a white fur trim to the outside and sewed the hood to the coat.
Close up of sleeves and details. (Posted 16th July 2013)
These are all the pieces I made for the sleeves. She has a lot of loops and belts on the sleeves of her coat. I also made some hoops for the pocket's on the front of the coat too. I had to hand sew all these on as they were too small to get through the machine. I also sewed the belt's the the hoops so they don't move around when I'm wearing it.
Almost there... (Posted 15th July 2013)
The coat finally looks ok and everything is falling into place. I need to do the following for it to be complete.
-Line the coat.
Showing the alterations of the coat. (Posted 7th July 2013)
As you can see from the pictures the coat did not fit well at all at the back. After I took it all apart, adjusted the pieces and sewed it back together the lines looked a lot neater and fit me well. I also started to add the hoops for the belt to loop through. I had to keep using the webcam to make sure the back of these hoops weren't wonky.
Alterations and take-ins. (Posted 1st July 2013)
The coat was originally quite rushed and didn't fit the way I wanted to I undid all the pieces and sewed them back together. The fit now is a lot better and more true to the shape of Sherry's coat. It's so comfy too. I sewed on one of the cuffs on the end of the sleeve, it's like an elastic material. I also started to make the pockets. They're just squares that are taken in on the back.
Progress so far. (Posted 23rd April 2013)
Well I unfortuently didn't get this done for Gemucon like I said. Still i's very close to finishing so I want to get it done.
-Need to buy brown gloves.
Wig/Make-up/Scarf test (Posted 15th April 2013)
I wore Sherry at Gemucon to give her a test run. It was her version without the coat (the only thing that isn't done) and thought I'd post some pictures. I unfortuently didn't get a full shot so here's just face shots.
Pattern pieces sewn together. (Posted 15th February 2013)
All the pattern pieces I cut are now sewn together. I left the length quite long at first so I could cut it to the length that was best. Better to have it too long than too short. I then used a simple sleeve pattern I have and used it to create the sleeves. Again I made them too long as my arms are rather long.
The beginning of the coat. (Posted 7th February 2013)
I used a coat pattern originally but ended up cutting it up so the stitching matched the same on Sherry's coat. This is the front of the coat all pinned up before I sewed it together. The same pattern was used on the back but without the zip there.