|Freya is, and always will be, my ultimate dream costume. I've already cosplayed her once before and worn it to death, but there's so many inaccuracies in my last one that I'm just itching to fix. I've wanted to redo this for so long, but I've been waiting for an opportunity to do this for an FFIX group. I really, really want to remake Freya to the best of my ability, but there's a couple of things I can carry over from my last attempt to make it better. |
Been thinking about redoing an FFIX group since our last one and now we've finally settled on 2016 :) For either Amecon or Kitacon.
Things I want to change from version 1! (Posted 30th November 2012)
Hat: To be honest, I'm quite happy with the second version hat I made, but if I get the time there are some improvements I'd like to make. The peak ducks back at an angle and my hat is unfortunately just a cone, so that's something I'd like to pick up on. It also juts out at the back, which mine doesn't. I'd like to make the 'ears' more solid, as mine are a thin layer of foam. While this works, this is something that I really want to make better.
Wig: Definitely need a shorter wig this time around.
Cravat: My cravat on my first version was a complete rush job, where we picked out the nearest blue fabric and made a mock version of it. I never did update it properly so I want to get all the pleats in it correct and make it out of a more suitable blue fabric.
Coat: Oh god, so much needs doing here. The only real thing I'm actually happy with is the white rim on the collar haha. The shield guards seriously need an update, they're far too big, the wrong colour and one of them is sewn on wonky. I need a better material than craft foam for that as well. Ideally I'd want the coat arms and bottom of the coat to flare out, so that's something I'll have to look into. I want the rope on the arms to be a lot chunkier as well. I also want to make yellow sleeves to go with the pants as I completely missed that out the first time around!
Tabard: Needs a complete remake. This was another thing that was made at random with whatever we had left, so it's made from felt. Really not ideal and it's become very pulled given how many times I've worn it. The symbols also need changing as I did one wrong.
Leather harness: The material I made this from was very floppy so I need a weighty material to keep it from curling over. I need to think up a better attachment system than the poppers on the back I originally had.
Pants: Same kind of idea as the original, though I'd like more of a mustard yellow than the pale peach fabric I used.
Legs: Same idea as I originally had, a cover over some shoes. The grey circles need to be reworked as the ones on my original one are battered.
Shoes: I really want to go with the clear stripper heels idea that a lot of Freya cosplayers use! I've been dying to do this for so, so long although I'm quite open to the idea of using shoes without heels as well (they seem to be really in at the moment!).
Spear: Ideally I'd want to remake this to the best of my ability, but it's got a lot of sentimental value attached to it, despite the fact that it's falling apart. I'll have a rethink and see what I can do with this.