|Time Taken :||3 month aprox Build time, over a four year period|
|This costume is roughly 60 percent hand sewn. It has second hand riding boots to which I added green leather at the top. custom made period breeches (which can be cold if stood in the wrong direction to wind) A linin altered shirt, hand made silk scarf, hand made satin waistcoat, hand made jacket and hand built ring.|
This costume was my first in which I made entirely myself, pretty much a crash course in sewing was undertaken.
all the trim was hand stiched and took roughly two weeks to do. Because it is silver metalic thread I did often get static shocks, which was fun.
props is currently a ring which is worn on his right hand, which I made using card and Milliput.
I will be adding other props and overcoat.
The Over Coat (Posted 11th March 2012)
This is going to be fun.
I am having a total mental block as I try to remember how I combined 3 patterns for the main jacket.
I have also never worked with wool before, am not looking forward to that
The extras (Posted 7th February 2012)
Finally after a couple of years break.....this costume took my heart and (& occasionally blood)
Especially the googles....which I cannot wait to have a crack at as there will be new skills