roguearcanis
 


Costume :Daenerys Targaryen
Variant :Dothraki Riding Costume
Source :Game of Thrones
Progress :Complete
Worn At :Alcon 2013


Costume Photos

.

Khaleesi

Wig

Skirts and Bodice so far

 


Costume Information

General
Cost : ~ £40 so far

Comments

Avatar Image

This is gonna be perfect omg ;w;

by x-Blade-x on Saturday, 31 August, 2013 - 00:19

I need to get it finished first! xD FIVE SEWING DAYS LEFT, OH GOD.

(But thank you bby, I so hope it'll be alright <3)

by roguearcanis on Saturday, 31 August, 2013 - 00:23
Avatar Image

Khaleesi :D

by Leadmill on Wednesday, 10 September, 2014 - 21:21

8'D

by roguearcanis on Wednesday, 10 September, 2014 - 21:54
 

Journal

Tea Dyeing (Posted 12th January 2013)

The white cotton that I've used for the top of the skirt was a little too light and clean-looking, so I stained the fabric in a tea bath. Once the pieces are dry, I'll cut and distress them before attaching the skirt pieces together.

Work so far (Posted 12th January 2013)

Bodice now has the woven halter strap, which is made up of braided pieces of the wool-mix fabric and then sewn on. All the skirt and bodice pieces still need distressing, while the skirt needs shortening and the white belt piece is currently too wide and needs to be narrowed.

(Same issue with the lighting - it makes everything look a lot darker than in reality!)

Skirt Pieces (Posted 12th January 2013)

The suede, wool-mix fabric and cotton pieces that make up the skirt were cut out and pinned to get an idea of size. All the pieces now need to be distressed and some of them painted/re-coloured before being sewn together.

(Same thing with the lighting - colours are a little different in the picture than they actually are!)

Bodice (Posted 11th January 2013)

Made a start on the bodice. I made a mock-up pattern using scrap fabric, then constructed the pieces with the woven wool-mix that I'm using for the costume, adding darts to create a closer fit. The back is closed with velcro, and the woven halter strap still needs to be added.

(The lighting in my room is terrible - the fabric isn't as dark as it looks!)