|Time Taken :||Two weeks.|
|This one might take a little explaining... xD A Tumblr user organised a 'Fandom Halloween Party' on November 3rd, at *an actual pirate castle* in London and it was basically the best time of my life.|
The idea behind this costume was: 'What's the geekiest, most fandomy of fandom costume I can come up with, that only Tumblrites would get?' ...And this was the result. I think it worked out a treat! The accessories definitely made it, especially the skull. His name is Skulduggery.
Sadly, despite not actually being staff for the event, I accidentally helped with so much of the organisation that I was no longer eligible for the costume competition D: So many people complimented me on my quirky outfit, though! :D
* Hair - Crazy curls, pulled back slightly and fastened with large, black bow.
* Make-up - Silver or gold? With lots of eyeliner, because everything's better with eyeliner. Nothing too elaborate?
* Tops - Navy blue dress (front door) with white and brown scroll fabric cuffs (wallpaper), hemmed and wrapped in yellow 'Crime Scene - Do Not Enter' tape. Belt around waist with '221B' in gold (house numbers), with 'Crime in progress - Please disturb' note, fastened with a large bow in 'wallpaper' fabric.
* Bottoms - Skirt features a large circle of 'wallpaper' fabric, onto which s sponged a bright yellow smiley face, ripped into by bullet holes (BORED!). Gold, glittery tights, to match the house numbers.
* Footwear - Black heeled brogues. They'll kill after a few hours, but they're bloody gorgeous.
* Accessories - Deerstalker? 'I <3 Sherlock badge (journalist Kitty Riley's); Baker Street, Union Jack, 'Keep Calm and Carry On' and yellow smiley face badges; violin necklace on bronze chain; black and white 'I believe in Sherlock Holmes' wristband (fan response to 'The Reichenbach Fall'), white/cream human skull ring; metallic animal skull ring (skull wearing headphones on the wall of the flat); three cirular plasters, for nicotine patches? Gold fingernails, to match tights; knitted Union Jack bag (cushion on armchair); teacup; polystyrene skull!
|Add smiley face to wallpaper circle and rip 'bullet holes'||High||Complete|
|Make 'crime scene' sash and hem||High||Complete|
|Add straps and fastening to bag||Medium||Complete|
|Make 'I <3 Sherlock' badge. Attach it, and others, to dress||Medium||Complete|
|Mske 'crime in progress' note and glue to house numbers||Medium||Complete|
|Paint nails gold||Low||Complete|
|Cut out and spray-paint numbers. Superglue to belt||Low||Complete|
|String up violin necklace||Low||Complete|
|Polystyrene skull - Bought after Halloween last year!||£0.00||Bought|
|Animal skull ring - Borrowing||£0.00||Bought|
|Black heeled brogues - Already owned||£0.00||Bought|
|Violin charm for necklace||£2.90||Bought|
|'Crime Scene' tape hemming dress - Six metres||£3.59||Bought|
|Gold tights - Already owned||£0.00||Bought|
|Yellow paint for smiley face||£0.79||Bought|
|'Wallpaper' print fabric - Half a metre||£3.50||Bought|
|Navy blue belt - Used left-over John Hart fabric||£0.00||Bought|
|'221B' letters - Used left-over Daenerys plastic and spraypaint||£0.00||Bought|
|Union Jack bag - Modified from knitted Primark skirt||£5.00||Bought|
|Navy skater dress||£11.70||Bought|
|'I believe in Sherlock Holmes' wristband - Already owned||£0.00||Bought|