|Black cotton drill||£10.10||Bought|
|Papier mache supplies (For sword)||£0.00||To Buy|
|White fabric||£0.00||To Buy|
|Red fabric||£0.00||To Buy|
|Foam (for sword)||£0.00||To Buy|
|Balsa Dowel (For sword)||£0.00||To Buy|
|Various paints||£0.00||To Buy|
Update (Posted 9th April 2013)
The scrolls are made with white cotton. I used a gold "so soft" fabric paint for the calligraphy and the crosses. The cross bits I outlined first but the writing was done freehand because I wanted it to look like calligraphy. The drape is red bridal satin. Still need to add some trim to the scrolls but other than that nearly there.
My Kamui, who has been making our swords has started on papier mache and they're looking pretty good!
Blazers (Posted 4th March 2013)
I haven't updated this in ages but I have started making both blazers. The lining is black satin. For the outer layer I've used black cotton drill. I'm adding the detail to the front with red bias before stitching the lining and outside together. The whole thing will be edged with red bias too! Kamui's blazer, which I'm also working on, looks more or less the same.
Reports from my Kamui is that the swords are coming along well too.
Planning Session (Posted 25th November 2012)
So after a planning session with my Kamuii the pattern for both jackets has been cut out and she has made a template for the hand guards on the swords.