|Time Taken :||2-3 months|
|I always considered making one of these dresses and never knew I will be making one anytime soon until my friends vdaysnowstorm and Sephy-Chan were interested to cosplay as the matching dress Nanoha and Hayate respectively. Also, I convinced another friend crafty_panda to be Vivio though it will mean finding time to make her dress.|
Confirmed event for the cosplay is AyaCon 2013 since it will be the only event where all 3 of us can attend.
Bodice progress (Posted 30th June 2013)
Been working on this 4 hours non-stop after work.
My bad - I never adding lining or bonding and yet I made all those details first which still needs to be sewn onto the bodice. Pretty much spent 4 hours making details. Ignore all those loose threads to be cut and the pins. Buttons are not sewn on properly, so they kept moving out of position.
Skirt 90% complete (Posted 30th June 2013)
Took almost an entire day to make & hem those ruffles, the bad news is I am running out of pink fabric, so let's hope the remaining pieces of fabric will be enough.
Skirt WIP (Posted 11th May 2013)
Started to work on the skirt today and I kind of like how the skirt flares out by itself and the fact that my hideous face is a bit blurry
I have made the front panel too oversized, so it will need major alterations. Also, I still need to hem and sew the skirt together properly, hence the reason why I am holding the skirt.
Since the only reference picture of the dresses is exaggerated, it was difficult to determine the actual size and shape of the skirt. The older characters skirts seem to be short at the front and long at the back whereas the younger characters skirt seem to be short all the way round?
Random Note :- This is good practice for making Godoka's skirt for when I make the dress next year.
Bodice WIP (Posted 11th May 2013)
Used a pattern for the bodice and still need to sew the whole thing together properly, hem, add lining, add boning etc...
Since I am a short ass, the bodice pattern is too long for me, so need to cut it shorter.
Buttons (Posted 6th May 2013)
I had problems finding heart shaped buttons in the right colour for almost 6 months, so went with plan B to buy white or clear heart buttons and paint it dark purple.
Sketch design (Posted 7th April 2013)
The only reference picture of the dresses is exaggerated, especially the skirt and since my group wanted our dresses to be as matching as possible, I went ahead and sketched an non-exaggerated version of the dress. I sketched the back and close up details so everyone can use the same design for a more convincing match.
The actual dress design may vary from the sketch being dependant if everyone in the group is happy with the sketch.
Apologises for the poor photo quality since this was taken on my phone camera.
Fabric (Posted 10th November 2012)
Whilst fabric shopping with my friend Sephy-Chan (Hayate cosplayer) back in November 2012, we both could not find a suitable non-shiny fabric at a reasonable price and available in both baby pink & yellow, however we both found various colours of good quality Duchess satin for £4.99 per metre.