|Time Taken :||8 hours (patterning)|
|I've been wanting to cosplay from Street Fighter for yeaaaars but I've always been torn about which of my mains to cosplay as. I've been enjoying playing as Cammy more on SSF4 recently and after asking opinions from a few of my friends I decided to give her a go :]|
|2M patterning calico||£6.00||Bought|
|Wig - Coscraft Helga in Milkmaid Blonde||£28.00||Bought|
|3M blue fabric||£10.00||Bought|
|(N14) Capezio Hold & Stretch Footed Dance Tights Nude||£9.23||Bought|
|Lace front blonde wig to blend with the coscraft wig||£25.98||Bought|
Word of Advice - don't iron your tights. (Posted 1st April 2013)
So I was thinking I could do cammy's leg markings by putting iron-on transfers onto the stockings I'm wearing for her... I had the iron on the lowest setting, and it seemed to be working at first... until suddenly BAM the iron burned a huge hole in the back of the tights. Hmm.
Luckily I had a second pair of tights as a back-up, so I tried experimenting with making the leg shapes out of stickers, but I found that whenever I moved my leg they'd bubble up and not sit flat.
So finally I've just resorted to drawing on the shapes with some markers - and coincidentally enough, the closest colour I could find was some light blue high lighters. When they mix with the colour of my tights they are actually the EXACT colour match for my body suit??? WHAT??? I wasn't expecting that at all! So it kind of turned out better in the end, despite one pair of tights being ruined!
9 pence knuckle dusta (Posted 1st April 2013)
if anybody touches my butt they'll have a 18 pence knock-out comin' their way!!
aka i was too lazy to shape the 6 circles so I found some pennies and glued them together
lol pink snow (Posted 1st April 2013)
Trying to spray paint outside in the snow and the wind leads to weird results. Probably should have put up a box as a windshield, derp
Bodysuit Mach II (Posted 1st April 2013)
Made out of cotton jersey instead. Now I can actually get in and out of my costume! Yay. AND I remembered to make my pattern symmetrical this time LOL
Gauntlets (Posted 1st April 2013)
Base made from Worbla's, bulked up with Plastazote, covered with another layer of Worbla's and then given about 3-4 layers of gesso. Sanded down, then given two layers of primer spray paint and then a further 3-4+ layers of the red spray paint. Then it was weathered to look a bit dirtier and used.
This picture only shows the first three steps (I started putting on a bit of gesso but then stopped to take this photo).
Pattern (Posted 24th October 2012)
Well I pulled a massive derp and forgot to redraw my pattern symmetrical. Which has caused loads of problems for me wooooo go me
weeps (Posted 23rd October 2012)
somebody slap me if i ever try making a bodysuit out of a non stretch material again
Pattern done (Posted 19th October 2012)
"Cammy will be quick to make" they said
8 hours of patterning later.
I finally have a working pattern and I've started cutting my fabric up. I messed up at first because I foolishly used one of my old patterns as a base that not only is two sizes too big for me, but is designed for having loose fitting arm holes which caused a big issue when I tried fitting the sleeves. I redrafted it about four times and with some help from Frazzy with repositioning my darts I fiiiinally have something that works! So many kudos to her for helping me out, I was getting really frustrated and she knew exactly how to fix my problem XD