Kapalaka
 


Costume :Gwendolyn
Variant :Mother's gown
Source :Odin Sphere
Progress :Complete
Worn At :None


Costume Photos

Gwendolyn must choose: Duty or Love?

Gwendolyn and Velvet: Sisters tied by the string of fate

Gwendolyn wakes in the old castle

Gwendolyn of Odin Sphere

Gwendolyn picks napples

 


Costume Information

General
Cost : 85
Awards : Best in Show at ShadoCon 2010
Time Taken : 30 hrs

Description
Odin Sphere was an incredible game. I loved every minute of it, but especially Gwendolyn's story. I completely empathized with her relationship towards her father, and come on. She SAVES the handsome prince and defeats armies by the droves? How badass is that? I had to cosplay her.

The headdress:
Feathers from ostrich.com, used felt and hot glue to attach it all together.

The wig:
Ordered off of Zhenna,com, but it had no bangs! The skin top was also a side-part right at the front, so I couldn't simply cut bangs into it. Instead, I cut the wig to the proper length and with whatever was leftover, I made a small weft to attach to the front for bangs.

The corset: I drafted the pattern from scratch and used duck cloth as the lining. Super stiff! I also made a modesty panel for the back so my bare skin wouldn't show when it's laced up.

The black skirt:
I made a tutorial for this! Check it out here.
http://kapalaka.deviantart.com/art/Full-Skirt-Tutorial-115487600

The navy overskirt:
Once the black skirt was done, I put that as well as the hoop skirt on my mannequin. After than I wrapped the hell out of the skirt with saran wrap to make a pattern, and then used strings to drape how I wanted the overskirt to hit.

The bustle:
I couldn't find the perfect color fabric at Joann's, so I had to dye the closest silver I could find! I used IDye Poly Royal Blue to achieve that soft tint. Also, my expert seamstress teacher helped me figure out how to drape it via the use of pleating to get the silhouette I desired.

The napple:
When I made my C.C. bunny, I used a pour-on varnish for the flat pendant and I loved the results. I wanted to try my hand at making a prop that incorporated that varnish to see the results. I padded out a base out of tin foil and covered it over with some yellow model magic. I then diluted some acrylic paint with water and put that into a spray bottle to get the airbrished effect. I then used the pour-on varnish to finish, and made the stem out of sculpey. The fake leaf I cut off of one of my boyfriend's mom's fake bushes. lol SHHHH! Don't tell her!

All else:
The titrel ring I scored off of Ebay for a mere 10 dolla, and the arm warmers are made out of 4-wat strech lycra. The little fake bird was found at Joann's and painted to be the correct colors.

Comments

Avatar Image

the cosplay looks amazing as do you

by nanahara on Monday, 17 September, 2012 - 06:46