Crimson-Duchess
 


Costume :Eliza Cassan
Source :Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Progress :Complete
Worn At :AyaCon 2013


Costume Photos

Tonight on Picus news..

Digital Print

 


Costume Information

General
Awards : Best Solo act at Gemucon
Time Taken : 4 months

Description
Hopefully I'll be able to make this in time! It requires a lot of calm and reference gathering images, but she is my favorite character from the series next to Jenson.

This is a very technical build, a lot more than I have ever done before but I feel so ready to do it. After finishing my Queen, I felt I needed to try and better my skills even further, and try to take on something that was extremely challenging next to any other cosplay I've ever done.

I want to do her justice!

Comments

Very ambitious! Can't wait to see the final result :)

by Ragepotato on Saturday, 16 March, 2013 - 02:14
Avatar Image

Thank you <3! I know it's taking some time and I'm really nervous about how it'll be received ;n;

by Crimson-Duchess on Saturday, 16 March, 2013 - 16:02
Avatar Image

This is Awesome! it Looks great, All DE:HR cosplays are for winners!

by southafrimike on Tuesday, 9 April, 2013 - 13:31
Avatar Image

Uwaa~ Thank you so much! <3 I'll try and get some better pictures up soon ^_^;

by Crimson-Duchess on Tuesday, 9 April, 2013 - 19:20
 

Shopping List

Black boots£11.00Bought
Lace hemming£1.29Bought
Black lace for collar£4.49Bought
Black rhinestones£2.99Bought
Black boots£11.00Bought
2meters of pink silk£10.00Bought
4meters of black lining:£10.00Bought
Black wig£25.00Bought
Lace bodysuit£9.98Bought
2.5 meters of black pleather£7.00Bought
Black elastic£1.50Bought
Total£94.25

Journal

Collar (Posted 29th March 2013)

Collar progress! Had a bit of a battle and almost gave up with this cosplay entirely with this little thing... But, I stuck to my guns and kept with it haha~ Just pinned so far but you get the placement idea.
I'm kinda sad the pleats sort of die out at the edges, but without them doing so the shape would be nigh-on impossible right now.
It started off as about 2.3 meters of material which was box pleated and carefully ironed as best as humanly possible without creating more disasters ^_^;

Jacket progress (Posted 18th February 2013)

With attached "tails" onto the back, still having to attach the sleeves though!

Dress 80% complete (Posted 2nd February 2013)

So this hasn't really been too much of a headache for me, the pattern was quite simple in comparison to the actual jacket and the sleeves. ¬_¬
I have all the basic things done, I just need to fix the bust hemline and the zippers, not to mention the mid-section cut out.

Jacket progress (Posted 12th January 2013)

From the other night. =3=
There's a horrible waterfall pattern that has decided to rear it's ugly head at the base underneath the triangular hip segment.
At the moment I'm trying to rectify it as best I can, even though it might still look alright if I left it, I just can't get over the accuracy of her outfit. If I'm going to stay true to all of the seams then I should in theory continue that in the shape of her jacket

Front pattern design work (Posted 12th January 2013)

The front pattern! This one is STILL causing me hassle even though I'm taking a break to post these up. The triangle at the top of the pattern was a rough indication as to where I wanted the one on the bottom to go!
I drew out the back pattern first before doing a rough shape of what I needed as the front.

Tails and mock patterns (Posted 12th January 2013)

Okay I know a lot of these really wont make sense now, but these are the mock patterns I've been working out before moving over onto the actual pleather.
These are the two sort of 'tails' as I've dubbed them that go down from the back of her jacket.

Gathering materials (Posted 5th January 2013)

Today I managed to find near enough a lot of the materials that I needed for her jacket and dress, although I didn't get as much pleather as I had wanted, it's still a start to what is going to a rather hard project to undertake.